Kolorflow Fountain Cascades

Decorating By cakelady1962 Updated 2 Jul 2013 , 5:23am by cakelady1962

cakelady1962 Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 9

Doe anyone know any other place besides ebay that I could find the cascades for the Wilton Kolorflow fountain? They are the ones that are like "pleated" plastic and just set on the edges of the regular fountain cascades? I have a special wedding cake to make in October and am on the hunt for these. Thanks for you help.

8 replies
CWR41 Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 9
Originally Posted by cakelady1962 
They are the ones that are like "pleated" plastic and just set on the edges of the regular fountain cascades?

I can't help, but the cascade set doesn't just set on the edges of the regular fountain cascades... the larger ring sets on the outer rim of the bowl, and the 3-pc tiers are used instead of the original tier set.

cakelady1962 Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you so much for the correction. I thought I remembered them just sitting on the edge of the other cascade...must have remembered wrong!! It's been such a long time since I have seen one up close. They have one pictured in the Pfeil & Holing catalog, but no product number. The lady there said that if there was no product number that she could not help me. OH WELL...I guess I will have to "stalk" ebay and see if one shows up.

doramoreno62 Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 12:42am
post #4 of 9

Why don't you just buy it on ebay if they have it? I doubt you will find one, that item has been discontinued long ago.

cakelady1962 Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 2:54am
post #5 of 9

I would have no issue buying it from ebay...if I found it on there. I figured that was the easy answer to the question icon_biggrin.gif. I wanted to know if anyone knew of any other place to get it from....maybe a business that had discontinued cake items. I look on ebay every day hoping that someone has put it on there. I have until October to find it and hopefully, I will.

Baking Sis Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 3:08am
post #6 of 9

I happen to have one of those sets...packed in storage; didn't realize they were no longer made.   Is it possible to contact a bakery that might rent one out to you?  Or maybe someone in your area has one you could rent?  The bakery in my area used to rent items from me; they knew I had a large family and did cakes for most of the weddings.

cakelady1962 Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 4:36am
post #7 of 9

That is a good idea. I don't know if anyone around here still uses fountains but that is definitely a direction a can check into. IF you want to sell your...if you can put your hands on it, please let me know how much you would want for it. Thanks for your response.

Godot Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 5:00am
post #8 of 9

AI have a fountain cake this weekend!

Every time I think of this coming cake I also think "the eighties called and they want their fountain back".

cakelady1962 Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 5:23am
post #9 of 9

I actually have 2 of them this October. One has traditional "old school" scrollwork on the sides and the other just has a colored ribbon on the bottom of each tier. The old school one is the person who I am looking for the cascades for. I did a "ribbon" one a couple of years ago with fuscia ribbon and used stargazer lillies between the separators and around the fountain base...it really brought it "up to date" with that bright pink on it. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%