I've had a package of these things for months now but need to experiment with them. Bride wants gems on her wedding cake. So easy to melt but they stuck to the mold. Second try - greased the mold with a spray oil then wiped away the excess. Came out beautifully - but there's a lot of teeny air bubbles in my gems. Question: Are you not suppose to melt the sticks in the microwave? Was I suppose to bang the gem mold on the counter several times to get the bubbles out. The Sassie web site says to package the sugar item in an airtight container with a couple silica packets. Can you get the packets at any large hobby/craft store? Any advice? Thanks in advance.
AThey only place I see silica packets is at the shoe store :D