Need Help With 50Lb Pillsbury Bakers Plus Mix

Decorating By Sugarspice04 Updated 19 May 2014 , 8:07am by dollhousecakes

Sugarspice04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarspice04 Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 10

Hello everybody! I need help with a 50lb bakers plus mix I have. I want to make 1 cake using the mix but I don't know how I would go about doing that. How much of the ingredients should i use? The mix only needs oil and water but the instructions are in pounds. I would like to know how much of the mix, oil, and water I should use to make only one cake. Thank you! 

9 replies
SugahRush58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugahRush58 Posted 6 Jul 2013 , 12:22pm
post #2 of 10

AThis is the recipe I use. It makes THREE "box mix" batches, since there is very little you can do with one box mix. Unless of course, you are using it for cupcakes or a very thin layered cake! I use 8 cups of Baker's Plus cake mix, 4 cups of water, and 3/4 cup of oil. In addition, if I am making a white almond batch, I will toss in 2 tablespoons of Almond Emulsion.

SugahRush58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugahRush58 Posted 6 Jul 2013 , 12:28pm
post #3 of 10

AJust in case you are would like to try making a larger batch, I remove 12 cups of mix from the 50 gallon bag, and add the remainder to my mixing bowl. Then toss in 14 cups of oil and 4 gallons of water, which I measure with a 2 gallon bucket. Add in 1 cup of Almond Emulsion for white almond cake.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 6 Jul 2013 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 10

The OP was asking for amounts to use for one cake.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Jul 2013 , 10:00pm
post #5 of 10

It's *REALLY* hard to break it down for just one cake.   It would be best to use the formula offered for 3 mixes and freeze the extra layers made.  It's been over 5 yrs since I used the 50# bags & don't remember the formula anymore.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 6 Jul 2013 , 11:35pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi 
It would be best to use the formula offered for 3 mixes and freeze the extra layers made. 

That's a great idea.

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 7 Jul 2013 , 12:03am
post #7 of 10

or use the formula given for 3 cakes and divide the amounts by 3 to give you the correct amounts for 1 :)

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 7 Aug 2013 , 11:01pm
post #8 of 10

SugahRush..with your recipe for 3 batches...how long do you mix it for..since the big batch recipe is broken down into 3 stages for a total of 9 minutes of mixing.  

DEEDEE6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DEEDEE6 Posted 29 Jan 2014 , 10:00pm
post #9 of 10

Thank you so much

dollhousecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dollhousecakes Posted 19 May 2014 , 8:07am
post #10 of 10

AI have a 50lb bag of bakers plus yellow cake mix and I would like to make 1 cake. Does anyone know how to scale this down?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%