Favourite Dishes???

Lounge By cakealicious7 Updated 11 Jul 2013 , 2:10am by maryjsgirl

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 34

ASo I was just wondering with all this cake talk, what is everyone's favourite food/ dish? Me personally I love eating everything!!! Some of my favourites are:

Lasagne Dauphinouse potatoes Spaghetti Bolognese ( yep I love Italian ) Steak Errm the list could go on forever lol- so what do you guys like?

33 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 6:44pm
post #2 of 34

Spaghetti carbonara

Steak

Sweet potato fries

Apple pie

cakealicious7 Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 34

AHmmmm sweet potatoe fries...

cakealicious7 Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 8:06pm
post #4 of 34

ASo I guess nobody likes food huh? Lol

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 34

AChicken!!!!!!! Grilled fried baked it doesn't matter lol. Also Chinese. All kinds. Annnnnd fajitas. And spaghetti with meatballs. Oh! BBQ (I'm in Houston,TX BBQ is big here)

cakealicious7 Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 8:40pm
post #6 of 34

AWhooo paaaaaartyyyy!!!!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 9:13pm
post #7 of 34

I've never met a potato I didn't like icon_lol.gif. Mashed, fried, baked, scalloped, salad, you name it. Bad French fries are better than no French fries.

Also really like tex-mex style food; it's what's for dinner tonight (bean quesadillas on home made tortillas with all the fixings).

Greek food: I make modified versions (vegetarian-style) of moussaka and pastichio that are to die for. Spanakopita, dolmas, tzatziki, all comfort food for me, having grown up in a Greek household.

I know many people who are the opposite of this, but I REALLY like my own cooking. I'll choose to eat at home over a restaurant 99% of the time.

cakealicious7 Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 9:24pm
post #8 of 34

AOh im totally the same!! Home cooked food any day!!

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 9:50pm
post #9 of 34

AI would've answered sooner but I can't, for the life of me, narrow down a favorite food. And I am a very picky eater! I like chicken because I can do anything with it. Potatoes are wonderful because you can fry them, bake them, drown them in cheese... Now I want a buttery loaded baked potato. And nothin' beats home cookin.' I'm no chef, I'm not imaginative with flavors and dishes, but home cooked it where it's at.

IAmPamCakes Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 9:51pm
post #10 of 34

ABACON! How could I forget that one?! Cook a shoe in bacon fat, and I'll eat it.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 10:04pm
post #11 of 34

Pepperoni Pizza!  It's my downfall!  I also love Thai food and key lime gelato.  Cake schmake...food is yummy!  icon_biggrin.gif

cakealicious7 Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 10:14pm
post #12 of 34

ALol @ Pam- you would eat shoes?!! Norasmom i also love Thai food, how on earth did I forget that one??

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 10:16pm
post #13 of 34

AMy new favorite is homemade Eggplant Parm, my wife made it a few days ago with eggplants and tomatoes fresh from our garden.

Some of my other favorites are: - Pizza with burrata cheese, prosciutto, fresh tomatoes, arugula, and squash blossoms - Barbeque pulled pork - Chocolate chip pancakes (the first time I had pancakes was in my 20s when my wife found an egg-free recipe) - Ethiopian food (potato & carrot wot, yebeg tibs (lamb) and injera bread) - Torta with carnitas - Ropa vieja with fried plantains - Jersey Mike's #13 (Italian meat sandwich) - Sushi rolls and unagi don

RoyalCreamery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RoyalCreamery Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 10:21pm
post #14 of 34

ACaribbean food!! Peas and rice, stewed chicken, oxtails, fried plantain, and Cajun/creole jambalaya, gumbo, po boys..

RoyalCreamery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RoyalCreamery Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 10:27pm
post #15 of 34

AAnd sadly McDonald's :( I wish I could leave it alone but those frenchfries are heaven

IAmPamCakes Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 10:35pm
post #16 of 34

AHaha! No, but I really really like bacon. Jason, chocolate chip pancakes are my specialty! I eat like kid and sound like a fatty, but I swear I'm neither.

cakealicious7 Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 10:44pm
post #17 of 34

AJason's menu sounds very exotic- I haven't heard half of the things on there ( apart from the pizza and pancakes lol ), royal creamery I love to have hot caribbean soup for when I'm not well ; )

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 12:15am
post #18 of 34

AAny red meat, any chicken, any pork... Just meat in general, but mostly bacon, steak, fried chicken, and Lee's Famous Recipe giblet gravy. I will mix all 4 together one day and die happy!

Then there is 4 cheese pizza, tacos, barbecue, roast beef, Chinese, pumpkin pie, cheesecake, any potato except salad, broccoli,cauliflower, carrots, apples, pears, and rice. McDonald's cheeseburgers, Arby's roast beef, Wendy's fries, and Rally's fries.

And baskin Robbins mocha frapacino. (SP?) basically any coffee, hot or cold, chocolate and cinnamon optional, really creamy, lightly sweetened. And lots of it.

And I know I sound like a big fatty, it's funny because I AM a BIG Fatty! Anybody who says skinny feels better than any food tastes must be eating my mother's cooking or bizarre food that is "an acquired taste". Food is effing GOOD and I pity the fool that can't enjoy it!

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 12:36am
post #19 of 34

AWe always have tge same things again and again. Green curry chicken with rice and carrots and peppers and tatos

And enchilada lasagna

And Bolognese lasagna

Maple and mustard pork chops

Smothered pork chops Rice and black beand with anything

IAmPamCakes Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 12:36am
post #20 of 34

AScratch macaroni & cheese. I was reading this thread earlier and thinking about dinner. Now I'm making a big ole pot of macaroni & whatever cheeses I can find and throw into the sauce. The herb crusted chicken breasts are like the side dish.

cakealicious7 Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 1:07pm
post #21 of 34

ALol Anna, you're like me I will eat anything and everything!!! Kayla branch out, be adventurous!!

cakealicious7 Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 1:09pm
post #22 of 34

AOh yeah I also remembered jacket potatoes- loads of filling!!!

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 3:32pm
post #23 of 34

AWe eat more dishes, but I just can't remember wha t they are lol. Last night we had stroganoff and I make a really good spaetzle. we run our house like a restaurant. We always stock the same stuff. Like "hey, we are running low on coconut milk,black beans, and tomato sauce" and we just go to the store and stock back up. We buy rice by the 50lb bag, and buy in bulk as much as we can.

Ooh I just remembered two dishes, chicken parm and homemade chinese food

cakealicious7 Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 3:40pm
post #24 of 34

ALoool, yep we buy in bulk aswell that is the best way- especially since everything's price has gone up!!

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 4:28am
post #25 of 34

AThai sweet and sour chicken Chicken satay Jersey mikes #10 in a tub Moussaka Greek salad Cheese - especially if I can put quince paste on it Almost any Italian food, especially my own risotto

But my first love is chocolate. It runs through my veins. I am pretty sure it was the first solid food I ate as a baby.

Annabakescakes Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 4:47am
post #26 of 34

A

Original message sent by cakealicious7

Lol Anna, you're like me I will eat anything and everything!!! Kayla branch out, be adventurous!!

Lol! It's funny I eat good now because I hardly ate as a child. I hated my mother's and grandmother's cooking! And I really still do. But I have just realized my mother is a terrible cook, and my grandmother, largly, had very different tastes than I do ;-) she can cook, I just don't like it, for the most part. When we visit, I always get my family food and cook it, and she hates what I cook, too, lol!

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 1:22pm
post #27 of 34

AMy mother couldn't cook either, she couldn't even heat stuff up without burning it. As soon as I was old enough I did most of the cooking in our house.

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 1:51pm
post #28 of 34

ANY and everything home cooked except cooked turnips.  It doesn't matter what you do to them to make them more appealing, I just physically can't swallow a cooked turnip.  The oddest thing is though, if I'm cooking a stew it has to have turnips in it, likewise if I do rabbit (especially the wild variety).  There has to be turnip in the mix, then I pick them out and refuse to eat them. lol

cakealicious7 Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 1:52pm
post #29 of 34

AWow I guess I was lucky! My mum was an amazing cook- still is,but now my sister does the cooking which is also great!! I can cook but I don't, I just love baking and decorating!!!!

Annabakescakes Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 4:40pm
post #30 of 34

A

Original message sent by kikiandkyle

My mother couldn't cook either, she couldn't even heat stuff up without burning it. As soon as I was old enough I did most of the cooking in our house.

Yep! Everything that woman cooks is either over cooked, undercooked, over seasoned or under seasoned. She still does it, too.

I buy my food in bulk too, 50 pound bags of rice, 40 pounds of chicken, 10 pounds of ketchup, 36 pounds of fries, lol. There are 6 of us, and we live paycheck to paycheck, so it really helps to stretch the food budget.

I brought a bag of chicken over to my mom when she watched my kids because she is on disability and sews for more income. So my kids all come home starving, and she sends home the leftovers (after I asked her and told her to keep them) and the chicken was so dry and tasteless it was like chewing and choking down dehydrated water or something. So Next time, I seasoned it first and I swear she sabotaged it! She gave me the bag back, saying it was too garlicky and I smelled it and almost fell over! There is no way I put that much garlic in it, there is just no way. She is a hateful, jealous, conniving woman, so I really think she was embarrassed to present decent food after the time before, so she added to much garlic. I had to throw it away.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%