Can Anyone Help Me?

Decorating By cupcake-kitchen Updated 1 Jul 2013 , 4:10am by leah_s

cupcake-kitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake-kitchen Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 10

AHi all just wondered if you could give me any tips on how I make banners like on these cupcakes (with the writing imprinted on them rather than iced). I'm a real cake novice and would like to make some for my mum and dads anniversary with different messages on the icing. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

9 replies
cupcake-kitchen Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 5:30pm
post #2 of 10
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 10

Can you attach a picture?

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 5:48pm
post #5 of 10

AVery sweet. First, I thought stamps, but you can't personalize with regular stamps. Then, the things beginners use for piping words on cakes; you know, they impress letters onto your surface & then you pipe over? But those are too big... I'm sure someone will have a good answer. I'm curious too.

Laura2013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura2013 Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 6:39pm
post #6 of 10

Looks like these are made with stamps as someone mentioned. Personalizing them beyond that...might be tough. If you cant figure out how to do them this way, you can always use an edible printer and print out the message you want. That's the only thing I can think of...hope this helps.

dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 6:55pm
post #7 of 10

I have a little set I bought at Michael's in the clay department. It has a little tray and you put whatever letters and symbols you want into the tray and then press it into the fondant. You can make whatever sayings you want. The letters are very small, like the ones in your picture, but they are not cursive. They are just block letters. I think they would work perfectly and they were really cheap.

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 7:07pm
post #8 of 10

AThose ones ftom the clay are most likely NOT food-safe.

Please purchase and use products manufactured specifically for contact with edibles.

dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 3:57am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godot 

Those ones ftom the clay are most likely NOT food-safe.

Please purchase and use products manufactured specifically for contact with edibles.

I see people all the time on here talking about using different tools from the clay dept. Extruder guns for one example. I honestly don't think someone is going to get sick from plastic briefly touching the fondant. If you could see what some of your food touches in the kitchens of restaurants you'd probably never eat out again.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 4:10am
post #10 of 10

A"Like"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%