Food Color Shimmer Dust

Decorating By BatterUpCake Updated 3 Jul 2013 , 1:43am by bct806

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 1:07pm
post #1 of 10

I am making a shoe and purse/ Each will have a few different colors in them. How deep will the colors be if I use white fondant and then paint with powder food color and shimmer dust dissolve in Vodka? I prefer coloring my marshmallows first but I can't do that unless I want a bunch of colors from one batch....I am using this pan for the shoe....any decorating tips or pics of different ways to decorate it would be great. I am thinking pinks and purples http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VS2H72/?tag=cakecentral-20 Im not sure how they decorated this with the drips a t the bottom???

9 replies
bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 1:12am
post #2 of 10

How did I not know that pan existed? Cake carving scares me so that is pretty amazing. I would guess poured fondant. You can look up high heels on google and on the search here for different ideas as to how to decorate it. Personally, I like black with a pink sole. 

BatterUpCake Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 10:39am
post #3 of 10

APoured fondant? I will have to investigate that one! I ended up using modeling chocolate. Yellow and pink since that is what I had on hand. I did use the vodka, food coloring and shimmer dust on the purse flap and it came out well but next time I need to up the ratio of shimmer dust. This was for my daughters birthday so I really had a chance to experiment. As for the shoe pan it works really well with a FIRM cake. But it is much smaller than it appears. Probably 4" tall. I guess it wasn't a good seller because the price has dropped dramatically

bct806 Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 2:33am
post #4 of 10

Wow. That is small. Would be good as a topper though. Yellow and pink is a great combo as well!

BatterUpCake Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 11:31am
post #5 of 10

Thought about using it as a topper. Instead I paired it with a purse.

bct806 Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 5:22pm
post #6 of 10

I saw that. I LOVE the purse

BatterUpCake Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 5:44pm
post #7 of 10

Thank you!

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 10:52pm
post #8 of 10

Reading the reviews, I think the pan is a waste of money-- too small & unstable.

BatterUpCake Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 1:33am
post #9 of 10

I haven't had any problems with it. I think people buy it and use a cake that is too light and fluffy or don't fill it enough so that the bottom is flat.

bct806 Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 1:43am
post #10 of 10

You're welcome! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%