What Rolling Pin Is This?

Decorating By crazydaisylou Updated 30 Jun 2013 , 3:28am by pascutler

crazydaisylou Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 6

Rolling Pin


Hi. I won this rolling pin at an auction and I'm not sure what it's used for. Can anyone tell me?




5 replies
Jenna1588 Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 11:21pm
post #2 of 6

AIm no pro but at a guess id say its to emboss icing. Hth

matthewkyrankelly Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 6

Might be a docking rolling pin. Some old world rolling pins were meant for hard doughs or crackers to dock them.

MimiFix Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 12:25am
post #4 of 6

It's called a nobbed, embossed, or notched rolling pin, and is used to imprint designs into dough or clay. I have a similar pin and use it for specialty gingerbread houses during the holiday season.

crazydaisylou Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 1:06am
post #5 of 6

Thank you. We have never seen a rolling pin like this before. We have a couple that have designs in for when we make Springerle cookies, but not this. Do you know if there's a reason why it has three sections on the roller instead of one piece?


Thanks again



pascutler Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 3:28am
post #6 of 6

AIn Sweden they use a notched rolling pin similar to this to make Knackebrod, or rye crisps (I think) Linden of Sweden still makes them.


Quote by @%username% on %date%