'kiwi Bird' Cake... Need Inspiration!

Decorating By Lena87 Updated 29 Jun 2013 , 2:56pm by cakealicious7

Lena87 Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 1:49pm
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone. I've been asked to make a cake with a Kiwi bird on top and I'm completely stuck for ideas. I was thinking maybe a brown fondant covered cake with a rice krispie / gumpaste Kiwi bird with some sort of leaves, twigs, etc. made from gumpaste scattered around to represent 'natural environment'? Ugh so frustrating not being able to visualise a design in my mind so I can sketch it out. I've had a look through the galleries but can't seem to find much, unless I'm just looking in the wrong places! If anyone has got any suggestions, photos, drawings, etc. that I may be able to take inspiration from, I would very much appreciate it! Thanks in advance xx

1 reply
cakealicious7 Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 2:56pm
post #2 of 2

AHi, well first of all I had to google a kiwi bird because I didn't know what one was lol!! And secondly your suggestions sound pretty much ok, because all of the images had them how you described it in their natural environment. I've seen some pics where they have a large egg next to them, I know somebody else would probably give you some better ideas good luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%