Giving Cake Instructions To A Customer

Business By ericapraga Updated 30 Jun 2013 , 12:19am by samash

ericapraga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericapraga Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 2:34am
post #1 of 7

I was thinking of creating a couple of little pre-printed sticky note type things with instructions on how to handle and cut my cakes.

Something about when to remove the cake from the fridge, (or if even to fridge it) and how to dismantle a tiered cake and a little diagram for cutting it.

Maybe one with instructions for care (for all products) and one for instructions for cutting (if they ask).

I do many different things, and some could use instructions for keeping fresh!

Does anybody else do this?

6 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 3:03am
post #2 of 7

ACare instructions are included on the invoice that is signed by all customers when they pick up the cake (or when it is delivered). By signing the invoice they agree that the cake is what they ordered and that they will follow the care instructions. Before they sign the invoice I also explain how to handle the cake and make sure they understand.

We don't do this for tiered cakes, since we've only delivered tiered cake to venues so the cake is served by professionals.

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 4:51am
post #3 of 7

Every single cake that goes out my door has a set of instructions and a cutting chart. Even an eight-incher (the smallest cake we'll do).

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 5:29am
post #4 of 7

It's a good idea, for sure! Any CYA you can do, I say do.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 10:24am
post #5 of 7

Aoh yes, every cake comes with a direction sheet for cutting and dismantling the tiers, with helpful info like.. please dont try to eat the dowel rods or serve them. you just know someone is gonna try... lol

i even have a helpful sheet for the brides, when i do a tasting and the contract is done, they get what i call the miracle sheet. its a list of caterers, florists, venues, churches, with telephone, address, and email. i also have a don't forget me list. it's a list of things that brides commonly need the day of the wedding but nobody can find, like extra corsage pins, needle & tread, underwear, YES.. i said underwear, its funny how so many brides forget they are going to have to pee and before they can get the dress up and out of the way they tinkle a little. who wants to get married in wet undies or panty hose. lol

ericapraga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericapraga Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 10:54am
post #6 of 7

Okay, great! I have been thinking about it, and it seemed like a good idea, but the last bakery I worked in didn't have anything like it, so I wasn't sure. It is nice to hear you guys provide it for customers!

samash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samash Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 12:19am
post #7 of 7

Has anyone got an example they wouldn't mind sharing?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%