My Daughter's Birthday Is Monday!

Decorating By BatterUpCake Updated 30 Jun 2013 , 11:46pm by BatterUpCake

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 1:15am
post #1 of 9

I want to make her a spectacular cake...but I am lost. She has no hobbies. I know she doesn't like almond. She keeps to herself and I have no idea what she would like! She owns a restaurant, I know she is into locally sourced foods. So I thought about that as a theme...She wants a cake from Sweetopolita for her daughters birthday so maybe I should go with something like that? http://sweetapolita.com/2013/02/vanilla-blackberry-mascarpone-cake-for-two/ You would think I would know since she is MY daughter but no one really knows her but her husband and he's no help. She used to really be into fashion but that was when I was paying for things...lol. I would say her and her husband are kind of "hipsters". If anyone has any design ideas based off of what I have provided then I would appreciate it! For flavor I would like to try either pink champagne or something fresh light and fruity!! I'll try to info from Son-In-Law on that. I used to know her sooooo well then she went and grew up on me! icon_cry.gif

8 replies
BatterUpCake Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 1:58am
post #2 of 9

Ooooh!! I seen a dessert (cupcakes?) that looked like broken eggs in the carton and the yolks were made from lemon curd. I have been googling it but can't find it...does anyone know what I am taking about and where I can find instructions?

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 2:27am
post #3 of 9

AIs this similar to the egg cupcake you are looking for? http://smashingcakedesigns.blogspot.com/2011/04/broken-eggs.html

The blackberry cake sounds delicious though.

BatterUpCake Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 11:14am
post #4 of 9

Those are the ones...thumbs_up.gif

BatterUpCake Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 2:26pm
post #5 of 9

I'm so excited! I have decided on a small purse and shoe cake! Now I just need to decide what recipe to use since it has to be firm. Probable stick with my WASC and add some blueberries and lemon flavoring in the frosting.

BatterUpCake Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 8:20pm
post #6 of 9

WELL HERE IS WHAT i HAVE SO FAR. I stuck swarovski crystals on fondant for the button. Have to figure what out  type of straps and then do the shoe tomorrow

dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 9:02pm
post #7 of 9

Your purse is nice. Can't wait to see the shoe! Your daughter should love it, especially since her mom put so much love and thought into it.

BatterUpCake Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 9:16pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks...I hope she likes it. She is no fan of fondant but has never had flavored MMF. If she doesn't like it that's more for me and the grandbaby! lol It was a lot of work but family cakes are when I get to branch out and practice.

BatterUpCake Posted 30 Jun 2013 , 11:46pm
post #9 of 9

Just have to finish up the white parts.Used modeling chocolate on these

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%