Tiered Cheesecake Wedding Cake

Decorating By slescarini Updated 29 Jun 2013 , 5:25am by kaylawaylalayla

slescarini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slescarini Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 1:03pm
post #1 of 6

Has anyone done a 3-tier cheesecake wedding cake? Any advice would be helpful. I have a potential bride wanting to go this route. The reception is outside and it gets HOT/HUMID in Alabama. Thank you.

5 replies
Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 6

I'd insist to the bride we do a dummy display cake and bake the cheesecakes in square pans. That solves your cutting problems. The hardest part of a cheesecake wedding cake is cutting them so it looks reasonably cake like on the plate. A warm cheesecake is almost impossible to cut.....not to mention the possible liabilities of a food poisoning if the cake gets too warm for too long.

slescarini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slescarini Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 2:06am
post #3 of 6

Thank you stitches. I thought it seemed like a bad idea and would turn to mush. I will suggest a dummy cake with cheesecake bites on the side. 

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 3:03am
post #4 of 6

AI did a 4 tier cheesecake wedding cake with fondant, and then stayed and served it. It practically had to be served with a scoop. I was so embarrassed, I just kept making jokes. It was glop, and every piece looked like I had chewed it before I served it. I think a scoop would've been a neater presentation.

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 3:32am
post #5 of 6

Just so you don't try this:

I worked at a place where another decorator delivered a cheesecake wedding cake to (when I was gone). They froze the cheesecake as their "solution" to protecting it from the summer heat. The Chef told me his frustrations about trying to cut it. He wound up putting it on the meat slicer to cut through the solidly frozen cake.

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 5:25am
post #6 of 6

AMost of the pictures I looked up showed the tiers seperated on stands? And you can display it maybe just for the cutting ceremony?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%