Bakery Names?

Lounge By paitonsmommy Updated 28 Jun 2013 , 11:10am by paitonsmommy

paitonsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paitonsmommy Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 1:07am
post #1 of 9

hi all-

i'm new to this site, this is my second post ever. i'm just starting out my business, but i have no name for it yet. i do everything right out of my home. i've been thinking for so long about it that i'm pretty sure i'm over-thinking it now so i pretty much have lost all sense about it.

i was thinking of something with my daughter's name in it because i am from a small town, everyone knows me. i liked 'pation's mommy' but my boyfriend does not like that. he says it's 'tacky', but i'm in love with it. i was just wondering if anyone would like to help me come up with a name or just share what the name of your businesses are!?

thank you so much for sharing and i look forward to hearing ideas, thoughts, and names!

-ki icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
shake n cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shake n cake Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 1:16am
post #2 of 9

Hey icon_smile.gif Welcome to the site!

I think it's sweet you want to use your daughters name, it's a nice idea! But I think you should find a way to incorporate the fact that you will be selling desserts. With Paiton's Mommy, it doesn't really give a clear idea of what you intend to sell, so it may not be optional for google searches etc. Maybe do something like Paiton's Sweets (pretty typical name I know icon_lol.gif) but you get the idea. All the best!

shake n cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shake n cake Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 1:16am
post #3 of 9

Sorry optional should be optimal!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 2:59am
post #4 of 9

I wouldn't use your daughter's name... there are too many ways to spell/misspell it.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 3:19am
post #5 of 9

A

Original message sent by CWR41

I wouldn't use your daughter's name... there are too many ways to spell/misspell it.

Agreed, OP even misspelled it herself (Pation). Something like PM Cakes might work, maybe include your town name if it is already trademarked.

Although there is the risk of someone mistakenly using the name PM's Cakes.

paitonsmommy Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 4:02am
post #6 of 9

Thank you all for the suggestions. I really like the name I had thought of, but you all make really awesome points. I'll keep everything in mind and sit here and try to come up with something else. I like the PM's Cakes idea, and it's a very small, small town so I'm pretty sure no one will use that name.

Also, I did not mean to misspell my daughter's name, just know it wasn't because I didn't know how, I was just typing too fast, haha.

Thanks again,

Ki icon_biggrin.gif

jason_kraft Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 4:09am
post #7 of 9

A

Original message sent by paitonsmommy

I like the PM's Cakes idea

You may want to leave the "s" off "PM", unless you want to target a very specific niche. ;)

jason_kraft Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 4:09am
post #8 of 9

A

Original message sent by paitonsmommy

I like the PM's Cakes idea

You may want to leave the "s" off "PM", unless you want to target a very specific niche. ;)

paitonsmommy Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 11:10am
post #9 of 9

Hehe, good idea. Thanks!!icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%