Pyro Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 7:06am
post #1 of

So, what are you ?!?  Come on, clicky clicky !

19 replies
kearniesue Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 1:08pm
post #2 of

You forgot one - I'm a home bakery, but getting all of my ducks in a row this week to become licensed through a commercial rental kitchen...soooo excited!!! icon_smile.gif  My goal is the quit my day job ASAP!!!

embersmom Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 1:20pm
post #3 of

You forgot another -- bakery employee ;)

kakeladi Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 8:51pm
post #4 of

A retired cake decorator and shop owner here.

kaylawaylalayla Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 9:52pm
post #5 of

AA chocolate store employee who needs to move to sn area thst happens to need a lot of cake employees.

Pyro Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 11:18pm
post #6 of

I'm sure I missed many many more. But those seemed to be fit the majority of people who come around CC. Food industry employee would have made sense, oops. I wanted to know a little more about the people I read about every day. icon_wink.gif

150 views, only 1 person voted Lurker haha...

keep voting, thanks to everyone who did so far !

justdesserts Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 12:07am
post #7 of

I'm a home baker! icon_biggrin.gif

denetteb Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 3:36am
post #8 of

Hobbyist with absolutely NO desire to open a bakery, sell, etc. 

TheSugarLab Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 4:05am
post #9 of

Owner of a bakery out of a commercial kitchen, opening a storefront in late July (fingers crossed). 

kaylawaylalayla Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 4:06am

AGood luck! Will you b e calling it the sugar lab?

TheSugarLab Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 4:08am
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylawaylalayla 

Good luck! Will you b e calling it the sugar lab?

Yup! We're opening up right next to our current kitchen. We've been operating as The Sugar Lab for a little over a year. I have a B.S. in Biology so that's where the name comes from. 

kaylawaylalayla Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 4:10am

ACute!

kazita Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 4:15am

AHobbyists...;-)

MimiFix Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 11:13am
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSugarLab 

Owner of a bakery out of a commercial kitchen, opening a storefront in late July (fingers crossed). 

You do beautiful work; Liked you on Facebook. I'm quite impressed that you went about this the legal way. Good for you. And good luck with your retail store!

brendajarmusz Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 5:08pm

AI'm trying to start Up my own store, i have a bit more to do though before that happens. So for now everything is for family and friends.

Brownie1954 Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 5:15pm

I messaged you a couple of days ago after receiving an email from you with business questions....Let me know if you still need help. 

cakealicious7 Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 5:23pm

AHmmm just trying to practice my baking and decorating at home yet- loving every minute of it though!!

jgifford Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 8:10pm

I haven't been doing cakes for a little over a year - I previously operated under the Texas CFL but shut everything down to take a transfer.  I just quit my job and bought a restaurant.  The owners wanted out so they're closing on Sunday and I'm opening on Monday. Yay!  I'm really excited to be owning a restaurant again.  Can't wait until we get things the way we want them so I can start up my cakes again - this time from a licensed commercial establishment.  The great thing is that the building has 2 entrances and one section is kind of segregated and will be perfect for the cake side of things.

cakealicious7 Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 8:19pm

AAwww good luck!!

jgifford Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 8:35pm

Thank you!  thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%