Need You Advice Please!

Decorating By EasyParty Updated 19 Nov 2013 , 3:55am by EasyParty

EasyParty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EasyParty Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 1:10am
post #1 of 11

Hello everybody!

Does anyone happen to know what was used to make the impression on the sides of this cake? A customer is asking to re-create the cake and I couldn't find anything close to it anywhere.

Thank you very much for your help!

10 replies
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 2:40am
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyParty 

Hello everybody!

Does anyone happen to know what was used to make the impression on the sides of this cake? A customer is asking to re-create the cake and I couldn't find anything close to it anywhere.

Thank you very much for your help!

Its a light guard for fluorescent light. It is called a bulb cover or something.  Maybe a light diffuser. You can get it Home Dumpo or Lowe's, for about $10. They have multiple sizes, but you will still have to cut it to use, as the smallest is about 2' x 4'. Careful, it splinters and can be sharp as youknowwhat.

EasyParty Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 11

Thank you so much!!!! I really appreciate your help! :-)

EasyParty Posted 9 Oct 2013 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 11

Hello everybody!

So I've used that florescent light bulb cover to make an impression on the sides of the cake and it wasn't easy at all, I really pushed hard into the fondant surface and even rolled the cakes on their sides on that plastic thingy, not much impression was left. After I kind of went free hand to make them more visible. But in the end it all looked good and the bride was very happy with her cake. Thank you Annabakescakes for the advice! I wouldn't know where even to look for this thing. Here is my cake...sorry for the quality, waiting for that bride to send me a professional picture.

buddycarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buddycarol Posted 9 Oct 2013 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 11

AAll I can say is WOW!!!!!!. Beautiful job. How did you do the white lace looking design at the bottom and is that fondant?

EasyParty Posted 9 Oct 2013 , 7:25pm
post #6 of 11

Thank you very much buddycarol!  I've bought a mold from eBay for the lace part and also I piped with royal icing those criss cross lines just free hand.

Kadesan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kadesan Posted 9 Oct 2013 , 7:55pm
post #7 of 11

Quote:

Thank you very much buddycarol!  I've bought a mold from eBay for the lace part and also I piped with royal icing those criss cross lines just free hand.

What mold from ebay please? Beautiful cake!

EasyParty Posted 9 Oct 2013 , 8:02pm
post #8 of 11
Kadesan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kadesan Posted 10 Oct 2013 , 12:36am
post #9 of 11

Quote:

Thank you! This mold I've got from eBay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lace-Mold-Mould-for-**********-Sugar-Cake-Clay-Flower-Lace-/321093488914

Thanks for the info!

buddycarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buddycarol Posted 18 Oct 2013 , 4:16pm
post #10 of 11

Athank you, you do beautiful work!

EasyParty Posted 19 Nov 2013 , 3:55am
post #11 of 11

Thank you very much!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%