Cake Decorator / Photographer Cake Smashing Contract

Business By EasyBreezy Updated 27 Jun 2013 , 1:18am by Stitches

EasyBreezy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EasyBreezy Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 4

I know that cake smashing has been discussed, but I am looking at teaming up with a local photographer to be her primary decorator for her cake smash sessions.  I was wondering if anyone else is in this position, or what guidelines you would use surrounding this 'contract?'

-Have a couple of different options for very simple buttercream boy / girl cakes available

-Have the choice of a giant cupcake smash cake for a higher price

-Should I stick to 6" rounds? Or move it up to 8"? I feel like the 8s would be better in the photos

-How much would you charge the photographer for a simple 8" or 6", keeping in mind it would hardly take any time to make the cakes? 

Any advice from someone in this position, or even someone who isn't? What would you do? Thanks!

3 replies
Sweet_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Cakes Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 10:41am
post #2 of 4

I've not heard of this trend and I'm a bit intrigued...is it similar to the ruin your wedding dress photo shoot?

EasyBreezy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EasyBreezy Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 4:05pm
post #3 of 4

Yes, I think so. It's usually done on 1st birthdays, basically you just give the baby a plainly decorated cake, let them smash it and get super messy, and take photos! 

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 1:18am
post #4 of 4

This photographer has some really cute smash cake photographs; https://www.facebook.com/heatherblairphotography/photos_stream

If the photographer would allow you to use her images of your cakes in your portfolio, it would be worth doing the cakes cheaply. Assuming your photographer would be as talented as the one above. But check out those smash cakes they really are adorable!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%