Best Buttercream For Cakes

Decorating By md21010 Updated 25 Jun 2013 , 4:18pm by gingerssweets

md21010 Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 5:45am
post #1 of 5

Any suggestions on which is the best buttercream to use to ice cakes?

4 replies
morganchampagne Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 6:08am
post #2 of 5

ASuch a matter of taste.. I use Italian meringue BC for adult customers and for kids parties I use the American BC with powdered sugar. I have two options and let ppl choose.

md21010 Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 6:18am
post #3 of 5

I really dont know what the difference in tastes are and consistency. Whats the difference between IMBC, SMBC, ABC?

morganchampagne Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 6:23am
post #4 of 5

ATo me...there's really no difference in imbc and smbc taste wise. The difference is in the methods of "cooking" the egg whites. There's TONS of threads on here about it. ABC is made up of butter, sometimes hi ratio shortening or a mixture of the two and powdered sugar added. The latter is VERY sweet. Some people LOVE it some ppl hate it. It really depends on your personal taste. Imbc and smbc is much silkier and smoother..but some ppl say the butter taste is really really strong. So there's pros and cons to both

gingerssweets Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 4:18pm
post #5 of 5

I agree, there are pros and cons to each one. I personally like SMBC the best. IMBC is good as well and I'd prefer using both the meringue buttercreams over the shortening one now. For me it's a lot easier to ice the cake and it's a much lighter and smooth taste. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%