Oh God Why! What I Did. My Life Is Destroyed

Decorating By ani1903 Updated 25 Jun 2013 , 4:37pm by pinky73

ani1903 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ani1903 Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 5:14am
post #1 of 14

i was making pancakes, because my sister was crying yesterday "please somebody make pancakes" but mum was too busy and i was too lazy. but this night i did not sleep so i decided to make it and i was making it for 4 hours and you know why? i read 250 g. butter instead of flour and i was trying to mix it but it was impossible and then i checked and find out that i'm so stupid :((

13 replies
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 5:32am
post #2 of 14

hahahaha! I make the best pancakes ever! I only have it in Imperial measurements, though :-( It is so easy, I trained my 11 year old twin boys to make them.

Danilou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danilou Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 5:34am
post #3 of 14

AIt's a bummer when you waste good ingredients on a recipe. I've been there!! But is your life ruined?? No I don't think so... I wouldn't loose sleep over it!!

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 5:35am
post #4 of 14

BTW, there is much worse that can and WILL happen, and you just live and learn. Your life is most certainly not destroyed from such a small and silly mistake. You are young yet (I assume) you have lots of time to make some really horrible mistakes and this one will pale by comparison ;-)( lol, please don't though!!)

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 7:48am
post #5 of 14

AGood grief. What a dramatic headline desctibing a total un-drama.

BTW, the pancake recipe at CI is the best ever. And it doesn't take FOUR hours to make.

Peanut-Butter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peanut-Butter Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 8:55am
post #6 of 14

AHaha is this seriously a joke? Made me smile anyways :)

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 9:53am
post #7 of 14

the drama llama has arrived.

varvanie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varvanie Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 3:05pm
post #8 of 14

is there an actual difference between pancakes and crepes (I mean in the recipe )

varvanie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varvanie Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 3:06pm
post #9 of 14

And it happens to everyone. I once mixed the quantities of baking soda and baking powder. Let me telle you that my cake was horrible

j92383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j92383 Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 3:10pm
post #10 of 14

Totally misleading tittle. I thought someone was getting arrested or sued. I know butter is expensive but get off the ledge you have so much to live for. You'll make pancakes again and this time you'll read the recipe correctly.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 3:18pm
post #11 of 14

I use ((gasp!!!)) a mix...perfect pancakes everytime.

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 3:22pm
post #12 of 14

AIt's really hard for me to wrap my brain around why society portrays "Drama Queen" as a good thing...

lomfise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomfise Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 3:49pm
post #13 of 14

I'm sure all those people without a home or job, with sick children, with no family or friends, those living in a war-torn land or in the middle of a natural disaster, are happy to known that your life has been destroyed because you misread a recipe.

I little bit of perspective might be a good idea when you choose your words.

pinky73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinky73 Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 4:37pm
post #14 of 14

Please tell me the original post is a spam or tiresome joke of some kind. I'm pretty sure I was screaming "Oh God Why!" when my husband passed away 7 years ago and I'm fairly certain I wouldn't be lamenting the same phrase over a messed up batch of pancakes. smh

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%