Help! How Should I Have The Customer Cut This Wizard Hat Cake?

Business By FrostedMoon Updated 24 Jun 2013 , 1:34pm by Sweet_Cakes

FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 5

I'm delivering this cake in a couple of hours and I have no clue what the best way to cut this cake is!  It's 4 layers, then a board help up by bubble straws, then another 4 layers with a rice crispy point on top.  There is a wooden skewer that goes through the center and down in to the bottom cake board.  It's covered in marshmallow fondant.  How should it be served?

Thanks in advance!

AppleMark

4 replies
matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 5

1 Cut the RKT top off and save for birthday boy.

2 Find where the cardboard round is.   Cut through mmf and lift off to a platter.  Cut necessary number of servings.

3 Cut into bottom tier and serve.

It should be treated like two cakes with a topper.

keepingitreal21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keepingitreal21 Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 3:55pm
post #3 of 5

First of all, are your servings based on 4-layers or 2-layers? Here's what I would do for both. Tell the customer to cut off the rice krispie top. The proceed to cut as a basic round. Use the traditional wedge cut for the small top 4-layers and the block cutting from the outside of the circle, then wedge cutting towards the center on the inner part of the bottom 4-layers. For the 4-layer serving, cut and serve. For 2-layers, cut down through the 4-layers, remove top 2-layers with knife and serve, then serve bottom 2-layers. Move on to next slice and repeat. HTH

Matthew's way works too. His comment wasn't there when I started on this for you. Either way, I included a chart for you JIC.

FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 4:22pm
post #4 of 5

AThank you both very much!

Sweet_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Cakes Posted 24 Jun 2013 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 5

Awesome cake BTW! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%