Make A Prince's Crown ?

Decorating By Nmatiyani Updated 23 Jun 2013 , 11:53pm by shanter

Nmatiyani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nmatiyani Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 11:33am
post #1 of 4

Hi all,

Can someone please advise me on how to go about making a prince's crown like below. Specifically I want to know how to make the identical individual leaves of the crown and make sure they are strong enough to hold shape.

Thanks a lot.

3 replies
manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 12:15pm
post #2 of 4

AUse gumpaste so it'll dry hard.

Google gumpaste crown for a tutorial.

Nmatiyani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nmatiyani Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 1:04pm
post #3 of 4

Hi Manddi,

I have looked at google for a while, what I have not found is guide on the specific shape (curved), most of the tutorials are straight and simple. I was planning to use wires that go into the cake but I am not sure if that is the right approach. This is my first time trying this which is why I am a bit worried that it won't come out right.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 11:51pm
post #4 of 4

If I were doing this, I would use gumpaste or even pastillage (for something really strong). Cut 8 same-sized triangle. Let them dry over something curved (paper towel roll?). Make a strip of gumpaste that is the length of the triangles side-by-side plus a bit (because it looks like the triangles are sitting inside the band at the bottom) and let it dry formed into a circle. Impress the band in a border mold if you want it fancy, then form it into a circle and dry. Assemble.

Don't use wires to stick this directly into the cake (see http://cakecentral.com/t/632290/for-those-who-stick-wires-in-cakes) unless they are protected in tiny straws or something.

I haven't done this, but that's how I'd attempt it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%