HELLOsamii Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 3:29am
post #1 of

My boyfriend dipped a paper clip in my coloring gel and used it to decorate fondant bowling balls.... *Cringe* 

I'm curious if I have to throw them away now? 

5 replies
bct806 Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 4:43am
post #2 of

Unless the paper clip is rusted, has been used for something or kept in a place that is unsanitary, it really shouldn't be an issue. 

Godot Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 5:19am
post #3 of

AJust for the record, ingesting rust won't hurt you.

Seriously, though, unless he used that same paper clip to pick his nose or his butt before dipping into the pot of colour, the food colouring should be fine.

If you have any doubts, toss it.

HELLOsamii Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 4:12pm
post #4 of

I'm pretty sure it was in a box with dirty nails in a junk box. That's why I have some concern.

Pyro Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 4:44pm
post #5 of

If you have to think about it, it should be a no brainer to toss it.. And he can pay for the replacement if his ( I'm not sure hot to say it nicely ) unaware of hygiene ? Paperclip with nails and dust, dip into food.. really ?

bct806 Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 5:10pm
post #6 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLOsamii 

I'm pretty sure it was in a box with dirty nails in a junk box. That's why I have some concern.

I would replace it to be on the safe side. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godot 

Just for the record, ingesting rust won't hurt you.

Seriously, though, unless he used that same paper clip to pick his nose or his butt before dipping into the pot of colour, the food colouring should be fine.

If you have any doubts, toss it.

It may not hurt you, but would you sell a cake to someone that you know had rust in it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%