How Much?

Decorating By Andrea2590 Updated 22 Jun 2013 , 8:47pm by DeliciousDesserts

Andrea2590 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andrea2590 Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 6:00pm
post #1 of 4

im pretty new to this, this is my forth cake iv decorated and i want to sell it, how much is this worth?

TIA

3 replies
Andrea2590 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andrea2590 Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 4

anyone?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 8:13pm
post #3 of 4

1st of all you have to realize most bakers/decorators are very busy on Saturdays :) 

You don't tell us anything about size, where you are located (big city, rural or ?)  etc.  so it's hard to give you a price guide.

It appears to me to be a 10" round w/a bit cut off the bottom so charge  I suggest you charge no less than $3 per serving.  A 10"x2" round serves around 20 so no less than $60 but more like $75.  That's my guess/suggestion.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 8:47pm
post #4 of 4

A

Original message sent by kakeladi

1st of all you have to realize most bakers/decorators are very busy on Saturdays :) 

Exactly. Final touches, deliveries, a squeeze of family time. Mostly just those of us who are so addicted that we check in between it all.

Also true that it is difficult to tell You what Your cake is worth. What size is it? What flavor/filling? Are you in the states or should we use a currency other than US dollar (many friends on here from the other side of the pond).

If you do a quick search on pricing, you will find at least 100 threads describing the homework you need to do. How much are your ingredients, what is the fair market rate for similar skill in your area? What are all of your true costs?

Search Jason Kraft. He's written a wonderful blog with useful information. There's a link in his signature.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%