Friday Night Cake Club For 6/21/13

Decorating By catlharper Updated 23 Jun 2013 , 2:45pm by cakeddc

LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 9:26pm
post #31 of 44

So many gorgeous cakes this week!

Brettley, you must have worked your socks off to produce so many wonderful cakes.

I thought I had a weekend off from cakes, but then remembered that my friend had asked me to do a hidden rainbow cake for a tea party photo shoot she was having.  It must be one of the simplest cakes I've done in a while, but certainly the most fun to do.  The gasps of amazement from the bystanders when I cut into were so amusing :-)

I also baked a chocolate cake for a mission team visiting our church, to be told that actually they didn't need it today but could I save it for Tuesday?  Into the freezer it went...

I also then was asked to provide a meal for new parents in the church tomorrow, so couldn't resist doing a wee cake for them.  It is my first attempt at baby shoe toppers.  I've not put it all together yet, so no photo.

All that, for a quiet no-cake week-end that I turned down two other cakes to keep empty!  Oh, well, I had fun :-)

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 9:39pm
post #32 of 44

Awe.. ladies.  Such art.  Delicious Desserts.  Awesome cakes both of them

Brettley love the cars cake.

Thank you all for the support.  I've been studying and working hard at getting better on figures.  Lord knows I struggled so bad with them.  I know I have a ways to go but they're still better than what they were a few months ago if I do say so myself.  lol.

Congrats friends, Give yourselves a pat on the back,  Jobs well done!! 

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 9:43pm
post #33 of 44

LizzieAyleet, I love your rainbow cake!

Here's my finished chevron cake. I like it much better now that it's delivered and after some little things called sleep and eating. icon_wink.gif

Brettley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brettley Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 9:58pm
post #34 of 44

Lizzy: Omgosh that is Such a Happy looking cake! I LOVE it! I am making a thank you cake for the teachers at my daughters school, and I think I am inspired! What better way to celebrate the beginning of summer holidays with a Rainbow:)

Sixinarow: It looks awesome, not that it didn't before! Seriously, great job on the chevron!!! Your lines are perfectly straight and flush with the top and all around the cake and the spaces are not wonky at all!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 10:27pm
post #35 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousDesserts 

Elcee, good to see you! I'm excited to see the super secret cake. I hate to miss the convention this year (would be my first). Just didn't have the money to go. Next year!

Hi, Delicious! I'm not going to convention either. In my day job, I'm a high school registrar and convention is always during registration icon_sad.gif when I can't take time off. Is it weird that I'm an officer of my ICES chapter and have never gone to convention? icon_eek.gif

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 10:53pm
post #36 of 44

Hi everyone! 

I've been battling allergies big time the past few days and by the time we arrived in San Jose last night it was straight to bed for me. Living on meds today and getting by but I delivered the cake and they loved it so that works for me! Here is the cake!

The top tier is just vanilla cake, the bottom tier is red velvet. It's mmf covered and the brown fondant is chocolate flavored. The giraffes are hand carved and were much harder than I thought they would be when I agreed to the design! LOL! Also, not an "original" design. It was a variation of one they found in a magazine. But, especially considering the headache I had all day yesterday, I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

Love seeing all the cakes tonight. I do love the "lace" cake, especially after the plaque was added, the chevron cake (you are being WAY too hard on yourself about the stripes) is beautiful, and, being a Disney family, we are most enamoured with the CARS cake. The pig cake cracks me up...totally cracks me up. Thank you all for sharing all of your cakes....we loved looking at all of them today. I'm at my daughters, who also cakes, and she enjoyed looking at what everyone has made this week too!

Cat

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 11:00pm
post #37 of 44

A

Original message sent by Elcee

Hi, Delicious! I'm not going to convention either. . Is it weird that I'm an officer of my ICES chapter and have never gone to convention? 8O

No. It's only weird if you've never been to a meeting. Yes, that sometimes happens!

brendajarmusz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brendajarmusz Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 11:29pm
post #38 of 44

AWow is all i can say ladies, every cake on here is beautiful!!! Great job everyone. Such awesome talent. As for the pig cake I've got to make one, sooo adorable. Have a great week my sweet new friends.

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 11:34pm
post #39 of 44

Finished this one this am for a couple celebrating 50 years of "Sailing through Life"

jadedlogic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadedlogic Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 3:20am
post #40 of 44

AI love all the cakes! I did 2 this weekend all I have to do is put the name on the cake board of the dinosaur and then clean up the disaster of course :) [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3039788/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3039790/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Miss-bakes-alot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Miss-bakes-alot Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 4:11am
post #41 of 44

AWow these cakes are amazing! Im new to cake decorating and I haven't made any this big yet but I thought I would post my resent fondant creations for a mcdonalds cake that im making. This is hamburglar and grimace although Im not happy with grimace hes too small. [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3039809/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 4:12am
post #42 of 44

OK, I seriously need some kids in my life! Now I want to make one of those cute little dragon cakes, too! Jadedlogic, that's adorable!

Cakemommy2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemommy2012 Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 5:39am
post #43 of 44

There are some seriously awesome cakes in here this week!  =-)  I FINALLY finished the one for my cousin.  Her and her family are moving to Puerto Rico and we are throwing her a farewell party. 

http://cakecentral.com/g/i/3039928/a/3368213/family-is-moving-to-puerto-rico-to-pursue-missionary-work-top-and-middle-tier-are-chocolate-chocolate-chip-cake-with-chocolate-ganache-bottom-tier-french-vanilla-with-raspberry-creme-filling-covered-in-white-chocolate-ganache-cake-stand-is-a/sort/display_order/ 

Also attempted chocolate wrapping a cake--it turned out ok

Hope everyones weekend is amazing--see you all next Friday!  =-)

cakeddc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeddc Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 2:45pm
post #44 of 44

A

Original message sent by catlharper

Hi everyone! 

I've been battling allergies big time the past few days and by the time we arrived in San Jose last night it was straight to bed for me. Living on meds today and getting by but I delivered the cake and they loved it so that works for me! Here is the cake!

[URL=http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3039622/] [/URL]

The top tier is just vanilla cake, the bottom tier is red velvet. It's mmf covered and the brown fondant is chocolate flavored. The giraffes are hand carved and were much harder than I thought they would be when I agreed to the design! LOL! Also, not an "original" design. It was a variation of one they found in a magazine. But, especially considering the headache I had all day yesterday, I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

Love seeing all the cakes tonight. I do love the "lace" cake, especially after the plaque was added, the chevron cake (you are being WAY too hard on yourself about the stripes) is beautiful, and, being a Disney family, we are most enamoured with the CARS cake. The pig cake cracks me up...totally cracks me up. Thank you all for sharing all of your cakes....we loved looking at all of them today. I'm at my daughters, who also cakes, and she enjoyed looking at what everyone has made this week too!

Cat

I love this! I wish I had something like this in a crib set for my nursery. Adorable!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%