Help Me Please! 20Th Birthday Cake

Decorating By sisi14 Updated 28 Jun 2013 , 4:30pm by brendajarmusz

sisi14 Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 1:19am
post #1 of 15

APlease help me a girl came to the shop and order to make a 2 layered red velvet cake to her best friend and she left me with two option the first is to be creative and creat something awesome to him or make a cake with what he likes like his new car, pharmacy, gym, his dog, Donald duck, his lute, he loves FC Barcelona, and his famous singer that he loves..... Those are my options either me creat something or use what she gave me to creat something and if you choose the second option please give me cool ideas how to put all of this together in a 2 layered red velvet cake!! Please help

14 replies
bct806 Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisi14 

Please help me a girl came to the shop and order to make a 2 layered red velvet cake to her best friend and she left me with two option the first is to be creative and creat something awesome to him or make a cake with what he likes like his new car, pharmacy, gym, his dog, Donald duck, his lute, he loves FC Barcelona, and his famous singer that he loves..... Those are my options either me creat something or use what she gave me to creat something and if you choose the second option please give me cool ideas how to put all of this together in a 2 layered red velvet cake!! Please help

Not sure what you are able to do but you could do Donald Duck in the guy's car with the dog riding shot gun. Maybe a gym bag in the back. 

kakeladi Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 15

Stay away from Donald Duck as it is copyrited and there NOT allowed to be sold in any way, shape or form.

sisi14 Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 10:57pm
post #4 of 15

AOkay but can you give me any other option to do this cake please! [quote name="kakeladi" url="/t/760055/help-me-please-20th-birthday-cake#post_7407062"]Stay away from Donald Duck as it is copyrited and there NOT allowed to be sold in any way, shape or form. [/quote

sisi14 Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 11:00pm
post #5 of 15

AOkay thats really I good idea but like the other one quoted that its not allowed to use Donald Duck!!! What do you think?

Original message sent by bct806

Not sure what you are able to do but you could do Donald Duck in the guy's car with the dog riding shot gun. Maybe a gym bag in the back. 

bct806 Posted 24 Jun 2013 , 12:11am
post #6 of 15

Then you could either do a figure in place of Donald Duck, or you could put the dog in the driver's seat. 

sisi14 Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 6:14pm
post #7 of 15

AHow about doing like one layer red velvet cake then on top of it this car and in the driving sit put Donald duck and next to him a football and a gym bag and in the back sit but the dog for example... What do you think?

Original message sent by bct806

Then you could either do a figure in place of Donald Duck, or you could put the dog in the driver's seat. 

Lynne3 Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 7:11pm
post #8 of 15

his new car, pharmacy, gym, his dog, Donald duck, his lute, he loves FC Barcelona, and his famous singer that he loves...

Is he a pharmacist?

What type of car?

And how many hours are you able to contrubute to the decirations.  Once I have that info, maybe I can suggest

bct806 Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 8:38pm
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisi14 

How about doing like one layer red velvet cake then on top of it this car and in the driving sit put Donald duck and next to him a football and a gym bag and in the back sit but the dog for example... What do you think?

I like it! Unforunately Kakeladi is right. If you don't have permission from the copyright owner, you can't make Donald Duck to sell.

auntginn Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 9:25pm
post #10 of 15

Instead of Donald Duck, make a pharmacist driving.

sisi14 Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 9:05am
post #11 of 15

AHe is a pharmacist and he drives the new volkswagen CC and the due is before 27/7 because that tge date of his birthday...

Original message sent by Lynne3

his new car, pharmacy, gym, his dog, Donald duck, his lute, he loves FC Barcelona, and his famous singer that he loves...

Is he a pharmacist?

What type of car?

And how many hours are you able to contrubute to the decirations.  Once I have that info, maybe I can suggest

sisi14 Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 9:07am
post #12 of 15

AThats I good idea, I can put pharmacist in the driving seat

Original message sent by auntginn

Instead of Donald Duck, make a pharmacist driving.

brendajarmusz Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 11:30am
post #13 of 15

AI have a question, how do you know when doing a cake if something has a copyright or not? Because i see wilton and other places sell characters and sugar sheets etc. With a licensed product or character and i was wondering how do you know what you can and can't do on a cake, cake pop, cookie etc. Thank you in advance for any replies. Have a great weekend everyone.

kikiandkyle Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 1:01pm
post #14 of 15

AMost of the licensed character cake products come with warnings on the label that they are not allowed to be used for commercial purposes, ie you can't sell a cake made with it.

As a rule pretty much any logo or character that is used to somehow make money is copyrighted. That's why they copyright or trademark it, so that nobody else can make money on it without their knowledge/permission.

brendajarmusz Posted 28 Jun 2013 , 4:30pm
post #15 of 15

AOk thank you! I had heard about stuff like that but didn't know the details. Thank you again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%