Help! How Do I Make This Cake?

Decorating By nikki4255 Updated 22 Jun 2013 , 1:09am by costumeczar

nikki4255 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki4255 Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 10:47pm
post #1 of 4

I got asked to make a cake like this one- with no c's and green instead of blue- and not topsy turvy- just 2 teir with that fondant pattern and a 14 on top- I don't know how to make the numbers for the topper and also the silver paint on the black fondant. I have never made a cake this formal looking so any suggestions would be appreciated... Help please!

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 75

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 4

Use silver luster dust mixed with vodka to make a thick paint for the silver.

For the numbers, just roll out tubes of gumapste and shape them into the numbers. I'd put a skewer inside the leg of each number when you make them, then lie them down flat for a couple of days until they're really dry. You'll be able to insert the skewer into the cake to stand them up.

nikki4255 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki4255 Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 11:53pm
post #3 of 4

Also i don't know how to support this cake- she wants the top round cake to b a 9 inch and the bottom bigger.  the cake needs to serve 60. I have no idea what to charge either because I have never sold any of my cakes?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 1:09am
post #4 of 4

AIf you do a 9" top tier that will be way to big and feed way more than 60 with a larger bottom tier. If you do a 7-11" combination that iwll be enough. If you don't know how to stack a cake or cover it in fondant and do the painting I wouldn't do it for the first tme for a cake that you're charging for. Never experiment on a paid cake.

Go to youtube to look up video tutorials to see how to do the various skills, but don't promise something if you don't know how to do it or you'll end up having problems eith the customer and the cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%