My First Wedding Cake!!!!

Decorating By Trenice Updated 22 Jun 2013 , 1:21am by Trenice

Trenice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trenice Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 7:58pm
post #1 of 4

Hello CC WORLD! So I just received my first wedding cake order (YAYYYYYicon_biggrin.gif) Although I'm not nervous (ok alittle anxiousicon_eek.gif), just staying strong with skills i have learned doing multi-tiered birthday  cakes and other random cakes over the past 3 years. I did a cake tasting already used tips and advice i receive from different threads and postings on this site (thumbs_up.gif THANKS A BUNCH!!!) so I would like to ask for suggestions for this wedding cake.

It's a 3 tier ( 1st tier- almond cake with cream cheese filling and BC, 2nd tier - chocolate cake with strawberry filling cream-cheese BC, 3rd tier vanilla rum with rum glaze and cream cheese BC) 2 side cakes Vanilla rum with cream cheese BC.  All of which will be crumbed with BC, covered in fondant. with fondant draping on each tier and gum paste roses or calla lilies ( they gave me a little creative freedom with those)

Although baking and construction are not an issue, just putting some feelers out there for the vast knowledge on this page! Thank you all for your support and encouragement. (icon_lol.gif)

3 replies
dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 8:34pm
post #2 of 4

Hi, welcome! I'm not one of the "experts" who can help you, but I just wanted to say that it sounds like you already have all your plans in place and it all sounds really good. Just wondering what you need help with? Anyway, good luck with your first wedding cake!

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 21 Jun 2013 , 8:38pm
post #3 of 4

ASounds very well organized. I notice you mentioned crumb coating. Will you also be final coating before covering in fondant?

I do. The fondant is only as good as your final coat.

Trenice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trenice Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 1:21am
post #4 of 4

A

Original message sent by DeliciousDesserts

Sounds very well organized. I notice you mentioned crumb coating. Will you also be final coating before covering in fondant?

I do. The fondant is only as good as your final coat.

Yes i will be final coating. And you are absolutely right :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%