Adding Fruit Puree To Whimsical Bakehouse Buttercream? Not Imbc Version.

Decorating By RebecaR Updated 22 Jun 2013 , 7:55am by RebecaR

RebecaR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RebecaR Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 3

Hello everybody, I was wondering if it is possible to add fruit puree to whimsical bakehouse buttercream. I would normally use Swiss Meringue Buttercream but due to California's cottage food law, my buttercream is not approved by my health department. icon_sad.gif I have added fruit puree to my swiss meringue recipe before and it has held up beautifully. Is it the same for whimsical bakehouse buttercream? icon_smile.gifI have read many reviews that whimsical bakehouse buttercream is less sweet compared to other shortening/butter based buttercreams. Would the texture and sweetness level be comparable to that of Swiss Meringue Buttercream?

Thanks, Rebeca

2 replies
rjcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rjcakes Posted 20 Jun 2013 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 3

I love the Whimsical Bakehouse buttercream recipe. It is a whipped, very light texture and is more similar to a meringue buttercream than an American buttercream. I don't see why you couldn't add some fruit puree but I would start out with a small amount and maybe use an emulsifier or flavoring to enhance it. That buttercream is so light, the puree may make it separate. Maybe try out a small amount?

Not much help here but good luck!

RebecaR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RebecaR Posted 22 Jun 2013 , 7:55am
post #3 of 3

Thank you rjcakes!! icon_smile.gif I appreciate your response. Is the buttercream as sweet as swiss meringue buttercream? I like that you said it has the same texture and lightness. I've gotten used to my buttercream and I'm hoping to find a buttercream that as close to swiss meringue buttercream as possible. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%