Feeling Really Really Lazy Today

Decorating By GHOST_USER_NAME Updated 3 Mar 2005 , 4:08pm by flayvurdfun

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 28 Feb 2005 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 14

I am normally constantly zing zing zinging around the house. But today I just feel lazy. I think I'm dreading my next 4 days. I have to drive in to town Mon-Thur this week. It is minimum 45 minutes 1 way. So, I've been surfing the net, laying on the couch, surfing the net, did dishes, surfed the net, listening to The Ellen (talk) Show while surfing the net..... get the picture?

I hate feeling lazy.... icon_confused.gif But sometimes you just have to succumb to pressure! icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

BTW, I wouldn't mind the drive if it were my job and I had a paycheck to show for it- but it's all weird stuff I have to do all that driving for.... icon_cry.gif

Anyone else having a slow day??????

OH yeah... and I've been counting the hours all day. I have to leave in 1 hour 45 minutes. I have my VCR set for 7th Heaven and Raymond. I will not miss my shows. That's a laugh in itself. I don't EVER sit and watch them. Joan says she gets tired just watching me. I have to record all my shows (even when I'm home) because it takes me all day to watch just one.... zing zing zinging is hard work! icon_lol.gif

But funny- I can stand all day and decorate cakes. No short attention span there!! icon_rolleyes.gif

13 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 1 Mar 2005 , 1:58am
post #2 of 14

Ok Dawn.... it is time to slow down!!!!! icon_eek.gif I think you need to before your week starts w/ all that running you have to do!! You won't be able to move when the weekend gets here! icon_wink.gif You sound like me always doing something! I'm a multi-tasker BUT when I move to a new task I forget what I was doing before that! That's where my hubby comes in handy... he finishes what I left undone icon_lol.gif If only he was into the cakes like I am!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Get some rest & be lazy!! You deserve it~

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 1 Mar 2005 , 12:58pm
post #3 of 14

hmmm...my day wasn't exactly lazy, I just didn't want to do it if it needed to be done! I did a couple of things if that counts. Helped design post cards for my friend's girl scout troops camp this year, but that probably doesn't count as we did this all via the internet. Oh, I did make myself a toasted cheese sandwich as hubby was out most of the day. Everybody deserves a "lazy day" once in a while!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 1 Mar 2005 , 3:16pm
post #4 of 14

man oh man, is that me! icon_redface.gif my friend left today and went back to the states. icon_cry.gif she lived right across the street from me. sure is gonna be lonely without her. that's the down fall of being in the military.
i didn't do nothing today. my hubby went off to work and my kids went to school. it's just me and my two dogs. didn't clean, didn't do any cakes, just laid on the couch watching t.v. if i had a cake to do that would have been great. that's the one thing i need when i'm feeling down.
btw-i love seventh heaven and raymond too!! icon_lol.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 2 Mar 2005 , 4:39am
post #5 of 14

Tomorrow is going to be my lazy day! I am not doing anything... oops.. icon_redface.gif forgot I have to wash clothes. That's not too bad though it's only 2 loads. If I don't forget about them LOL!! icon_lol.gif I baked 4 cakes yesterday on Dawn's lazy day icon_lol.gif Got them wrapped & in the freezer. I might make a few batches of BC icing tomorrow. Thurs. my daughter will be getting braces so I'll be at the dentist w/ her. So Fri. I will bake the rest of my cakes. Then the weekend make more icing. I'll be busy this weekend!

I put a job application in at the Brookshires bakery today... I can't believe I did that! Wish me luck. If I get it, it will only be till July. I'll be starting drivers training for driving school buses. Bus drivers are in big demand! They make $50 a day here which is really good! If I like the bakery (IF I GET THE JOB) I might stick w/ it too & do both jobs. I'll be doing 2 things that I love, driving & baking~

Diane I feel for you girl! My hubby is military & so was my dad so I've been in the military all my life! I know what your going through. My friend moved to England nearly 2 years ago icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I miss her sooooo much!! She's the one that got me to take the cake deco courses! She's a awsome decorator herself!! I've been trying to get her to put pictures on cakecentral. She's really good! When she moves back home we say we're going to open us up a bakery.... never know!!! You make life long friends when your in the military! That's the good thing about it!! You'll find a new friend soon! thumbs_up.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 2 Mar 2005 , 8:09am
post #6 of 14

If you ask people here in Rhein main all of your days posted here is a kick in the pants, a right down party hardy day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sit and clean, keep my 4 yr old busy when he needs help doing that, laundry etc etc! I got to the point that how much can I clean. So i shedule my days persay to do something every day so I have time to slack....and now that I have found cakecentral, I find I spend a majority of my day on here.... today I have to go to the commissary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd rather be here on cc!!!!!!!

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 2 Mar 2005 , 4:17pm
post #7 of 14

I'm jealous!! icon_cry.gif I want a lazy day! I'm working 53 hours a week plus I have a toddler at home. So my "lazy" days are gone for a while. If you can, ENJOY the lazy days!!!! icon_biggrin.gif Quick question for the parents, how long do the terrible twos last? My daughter will be 2 on March 20.

Joe

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 2 Mar 2005 , 4:34pm
post #8 of 14

Here's my opinion (which is not meant to offend anyone)
It can depend on the child, or also the parents. My son's terrible 2's was short lived. When my son started his terrible 2's, I taught him how to calm down by taking big breaths with him and counting up to 20 and back down with him. Also when he would say "Nooooooo!" in a loud and rude manner- I told him that it was not necessary to say no like that, and told him to simply state "No thank you"- What's nice about this is you are teaching your child calming techniques for the future and you are also teaching them how to count icon_wink.gif
I believe in discipline, whether it means reasoning with the child or actual some type of physical punishment- either way the child should learn something from the experience. Because of this style and my husband's belief in this as well, our son does pretty good. He still has his moments since he is a boy, but over all he is well behaved.
Some children are difficult no matter what happens, but just show them lots and lots of love and be patient. (Something I tell myself all the time since I can sometimes have patience issues. I think- calm down Kristen, take a big breath, count to 5)

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 2 Mar 2005 , 4:56pm
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwarlord1969

icon_biggrin.gif Quick question for the parents, how long do the terrible twos last? My daughter will be 2 on March 20.

Joe

Feels like they last forever. My oldest terrible two lasted till she was about three and 1/2 and then became manageable. My 2 1/2 is right in the middle of them and I dont see them going away anytime soon. She is far worse then the first.

good luck..

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 2 Mar 2005 , 7:36pm
post #10 of 14

How long do they last? It depends on the child. I have one child (boy) that barely even noticed a terrible two's day. He was great and a joy. I have another boy that is 22 and still in his terrible twos! They were both raised with the same values and methods. What works for one may or may not work for another. I rarely had to discipline one. For the other, no price was to high.

Teaching manners and all is great... but not all kids really want to know.

You're lucky Mouse, and you may be lucky with them all.... but don't go into it blind.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 2 Mar 2005 , 7:38pm
post #11 of 14

Thanks cali4dawn, I'll keep your suggestion in mind. icon_cool.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 2 Mar 2005 , 7:39pm
post #12 of 14

My oldest (boy) will be 18 in May... Sorry folks he's still going through his terrible 2's!!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_wink.gif Just joking! That's what I tell him when he gives me a hard time about something!
Just be patient w/ your kids & don't be afraid to punish them about there bad behavior. Your the parent their the kid.. remember that.. AND DON'T FEED THEM TOO MUCH CAKE birthday.gifparty.gif IT MAKES THEM HYPER!!!!!!!

khiggins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khiggins Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 3:41am
post #13 of 14

I am sitting here biting my nails after reading the "how long will the terrible twos last. I am the mother of 19month old twin girls that have already dived head first into the terrrible twos. And to the astonishment of their father and I, they have mastered the art of coordinating their behavior so there is always one giving us a run for our money....all joking aside, they seem to grow up too fast so we are taking it one day at a time.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 3 Mar 2005 , 4:08pm
post #14 of 14

I hear the terrible twos will be over by the age of 21, so you will do fine!
Bless you!!!!!!! I have three boys, 13, 7, 4 and I am wondering when they are going to get over the terrible twos.......... icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%