Standing Meerkat Cake

Decorating By car1979 Updated 19 Jun 2013 , 6:02pm by car1979

car1979 Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 9:14am
post #1 of 5

Hi i have to make a standing meerkat made all from sponge the customer doesnt like rkt 

does anyone have any sugestions for this 

I was thinking of round cake stacked and carved but worrying about the support

thanks

4 replies
Crazy-Gray Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 11:06am
post #2 of 5

AWhat size do you need? If they insist on it being cake and not cute wee modelling choc ones on a bigger cake (and are prepared to pay for the 3d- I find the price usually puts em off!) the we'll need to know how many servings before we can really help :-)

car1979 Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 11:13am
post #3 of 5

AHi it's for 20 servings and they don't want models still to quote the price

Crazy-Gray Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 1:38pm
post #4 of 5

AI'd probably stack 3 6" rounds with an internal board and supports half way, I'd insist on a strong filling like ganache too... You might be able to do all your detail carved in a thick crumb coat and not have to use fondant- just brush on brown powder colour...

I'd price them based on costs plus 10hrs work, it'll be pricy for such a small cake! Hope you get to make this it sounds great fun!

Gray

car1979 Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 6:02pm
post #5 of 5

AHave given price they are going ahead with order not had much notice due for collection on saturday i have made 3x 6 inch and 8 inch round for base and legs stacked and frozen ready to sculpt tomorrow but really don't want to cover in fondant as I think it would be to heavy would a grass tip be ok for fur or would I be better using butter icing and making fur that way

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%