Need Cake Ideas

Baking By Emmo Updated 19 Jun 2013 , 3:58pm by Emmo

Emmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmo Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 3:30am
post #1 of 6

AI am making a cake for my mother in laws 60th birthday. I will be using marshmallow fondant to decorate. I just can't decide what cake to bake. She doesn't like chocolate, but she loves vanilla and orange. I got about a white cake with orange filling..? I've never made an orange filing before so I have no idea what will taste good together and what will hold up under fondant. Another issue is the fact that my daughter (the birthday girls granddaughter) is allergic to dairy and eggs and I am breastfeeding her so I can't eat them either. So ideally it would be a vegan cake. I love wacky cake and could use that if there's a way to incorporate it with the orange flavor and fondant on top. So, ideas? What about flavoring the fondant? Vanilla, almond extract? Orange?

5 replies
Emmo Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 4:11am
post #2 of 6

AI will also be using buttercream under the fondant..

bigdad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigdad Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 4:12am
post #3 of 6

why not makeher an orange creamsicle cake

Emmo Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 4:15am
post #4 of 6

AI thought about that but have never made one. Do you know of a recipe that would hold well under fondant (and preferably vegan)?

bigdad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigdad Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 4:21am
post #5 of 6

check the gallery section here there were a few the or google it

Emmo Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 3:58pm
post #6 of 6

AWhat do you think about vanilla wacky cake with buttercream frosting and orange marmalade filling?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%