SugarMama5 Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 2:26am
post #1 of

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3037062/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

What do you think the best way to attach gumpaste roses to a cake is? I am doing a cake like this next month. I was thinking using royal icing to attach them? Or maybe make the base of each flower with a wooden skewer and then sticking them into the cake... But I worry that the flowers might be too heavy and I'd die if if started to fall out/tear the fondant/cake. I also thought about wiring them and making them like garland but I worry that one wrong move means broken flowers (and me with my head in my hands crying ;) ). What do you think is the best way to attach them?

4 replies
Norasmom Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 2:52am
post #2 of

Someone else posted the same question about this cake in a previous forum, not sure where though.  I suggest trying either royal icing or candy melts.

It's a beautiful cake!

Vista Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 3:09am
post #3 of

I prefer to use chocolate or candy melts.  It hardens much faster than royal.  Start at the bottom and work your way up.

kearniesue Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 1:29pm
post #4 of

I've made my flowers on toothpicks and just stuck them in the cake, and I've also used royal and chocolate before.  They all work just fine. 

SugarMama5 Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 9:07pm
post #5 of

AThank you for all of your input! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%