Frosting

Decorating By odell319 Updated 18 Jun 2013 , 10:41pm by sixinarow

odell319 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
odell319 Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 15

AWhen you have finished decorating your cake; what do you do with your excess frosting? You don't have enough to use but too much to consciencely discard.

Personally I love it on toast. Or my very favorite indulgence, on a cinnamon toasted waffle. Lol. :grin:

14 replies
KarenK55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarenK55 Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 15

Well, whatever the amount you have over I either make cupcakes or a small cake and bring it in the office for my co-workers.  Yes, I do still have my full time job and make cakes.  

odell319 Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 15

AI work as well and sometimes I do that also. When I don't have cakes to do for people I do practice ones trying new techniques or trying to perfect old ones.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 15

AI just save the bc to use another day. You can also freeze it.

CakeRae80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRae80 Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 8:01pm
post #5 of 15

I never freeze mine because I would have to keep buying containers! I never need the same color twice for anything it seems.  I usually make cupcakes and put a big swirl of buttercream that I have left on the top and take it to work.  I too work full time and they love it when I bring the stuff.  I am sick of cake/cupcakes and my husband hates cakes/cupcakes, so that's my only out.

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 8:32pm
post #6 of 15

I freeze it in odd containers or baggies and then mix it all together--it's a great way to get a dark color that can be turned black with very little black color added to it.

MilaJJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MilaJJ Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 8:37pm
post #7 of 15

I use it for cupcakes. Sometimes, if it is a regular colour, I store it in a container. 

TamathaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamathaG Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 9:15pm
post #8 of 15

I love buttercream on graham crackers:)

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 9:23pm
post #9 of 15

I keep it in the fridge in small containers as well.  I also don't freeze it because I would forget it was in there...

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 10:03pm
post #10 of 15

It goes in what I call the crazy-day-mommy-stash. Just right for one of those hair-pulling-out days when only sugar will make it better!! icon_biggrin.gif And no, I don't share.

curlingpenguins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curlingpenguins Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 10:05pm
post #11 of 15

AAlmond buttercream is great on pancakes :)

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 10:17pm
post #12 of 15

Another vote for freezing.

odell319 Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 10:18pm
post #13 of 15

A

Original message sent by maybenot

I freeze it in odd containers or baggies and then mix it all together--it's a great way to get a dark color that can be turned black with very little black color added to it.

Great idea

odell319 Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 10:20pm
post #14 of 15

A

Original message sent by sixinarow

It goes in what I call the crazy-day-mommy-stash. Just right for one of those hair-pulling-out days when only sugar will make it better!! :D And no, I don't share.

Lol. That's what I'm talking about. You should really try it on cinnamon waffled.

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 10:41pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by odell319 

Lol. That's what I'm talking about. You should really try it on cinnamon waffled.

I never thought of putting it on waffles or pancakes, what a great idea! Maybe I'll try it on top of my cinnamon rolls too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%