What Do You Think?

Decorating By ASweetDilemma Updated 18 Jun 2013 , 5:55pm by ASweetDilemma

ASweetDilemma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASweetDilemma Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 5

I want to make a cake for my anniversary today, my hubby loves strawberry filled cakes! I was thinking of making white cake with strawberry slices and the whipped cream cheese filling between the layers and maybe a white chocolate ganache to coat it under the fondant? Would that be to many flavors? I've seen a recipe here for the cream cheese filling that is supposed to be pretty durable and may hold up under the fondant and between the layers. opinions please.

Thanks, 

April

4 replies
rjcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rjcakes Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 5

Sounds delicious! I've made various vanilla and chocolate layer cakes with strawberry filling and covered in either white chocolate buttercream or whipped chocolate ganache. The flavors go well together - I haven't done fondant but I'm sure it will taste great!

Good luck!

RJ

rjcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rjcakes Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 5

Just realized you said cream cheese filling - that sounds awesome - like a strawberry cheesecake in there!

mermaidcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mermaidcakery Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 5

AYum. That sounds yummy. I tried flat slices of strawberries as a cake filling once, though, and I had a lot of problems with the layers sliding.

ASweetDilemma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASweetDilemma Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 5:54pm
post #5 of 5

I want to make this cake (by Melissa over at Mycakeschool) I'm headed to get started. Hopefully it will taste great! Thanks for your help. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%