Sports Logos

Decorating By queenma032lrn Updated 19 Jun 2013 , 4:57am by kikiandkyle

queenma032lrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenma032lrn Posted 17 Jun 2013 , 7:48pm
post #1 of 7

I am trying to help my daughter with doing sport decorating. I would like to know anything about how to print out the logos or get a program to do this type of decoration? Can someone help please. Thank You so much.

queenma032lrn

6 replies
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 17 Jun 2013 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 7

AIt is actually against copyright law to reproduce them for sale.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 17 Jun 2013 , 9:01pm
post #3 of 7

ATrue. You can sometimes get permission from teams for a single birthday or grooms cake, but if your starting this as a biz, you'll need to pay the licensing fees.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 17 Jun 2013 , 9:35pm
post #4 of 7

A

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

It is actually against copyright law to reproduce them for sale.

It is legal to reproduce a copyrighted element for sale as long as you have permission from the copyright owner to do so. Some copyright owners will allow commercial use for free, some will allow commercial use if you pay a license fee, some will only allow personal use, and some won't allow any reproduction.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 4:41am
post #5 of 7

A

Original message sent by jason_kraft

[quote name="Annabakescakes" url="/t/759878/sports-logos#post_7405241"]It is actually against copyright law to reproduce them for sale.

It is legal to reproduce a copyrighted element for sale as long as you have permission from the copyright owner to do so. Some copyright owners will allow commercial use for free, some will allow commercial use if you pay a license fee, some will only allow personal use, and some won't allow any reproduction.[/quote] Well yeah, that is what I meant.

queenma032lrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenma032lrn Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 1:22am
post #6 of 7

WOW!!!!! icon_surprised.gif  I did not know that it was all of that. She is not at that level yet, but I'm trying to collect all the  information I can. I mean I see cupcakes with printed team logos on them all the time and they look very nice. When she decides to go into the field of baking, is there a program out there for that?  Sorry for all the questions. icon_eek.gif

Thank You all for responding,

queenma032lrn   king.gif

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 4:57am
post #7 of 7

AIf you've seen them for sale somewhere you might want to ask them how they got permission, just because others do it doesn't make it ok.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%