Engagement Cake

Decorating By AmyCakes84 Updated 16 Jun 2013 , 5:10am by shanter

AmyCakes84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyCakes84 Posted 15 Jun 2013 , 3:04pm
post #1 of 6

AHi everyone,

My cousin has recently got engaged and has asked me to make a cake for her party. I have looked at loads of pics for inspiration but I'm struggling to come up with an idea I like.

I want it to be simple and classic (don't have any heart shaped baking pans, and don't really want to buy any).

Does anyone have any ideas which may help me?

Thank you

Amy

5 replies
KathleenC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathleenC Posted 15 Jun 2013 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 6

I've you want to do a heart-shaped cake, you can carve a double-layer round (9"?) into a heart.  Just fill and layer your cakes, cut a circle out of parchment or wax paper the same size as the cake, fold it in half and cut it into a heart (like we used to do as kids in school), open it up and lay it on top of the cake and carve away.  icon_smile.gif  Worked for me on a birthday cake I did, as I didn't have a heart pan either.

AmyCakes84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyCakes84 Posted 15 Jun 2013 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 6

AThanks Kathleen! That's a great idea. I've seen some lovely heart shaped cakes - nicely iced with some sugar flowers on should go down a treat x

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 16 Jun 2013 , 2:02am
post #4 of 6

AI saw a really cute one with the silhouettes cut out of black fondant of the man proposing to the woman. I've never heard of a engagement cake really, I must live in a poor area lol. I suppose a ring box is overdone ?

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 16 Jun 2013 , 2:10am
post #5 of 6

This is my favorite one, ever. I've liked it for a few years now.

I know they are hearts, but you could cut them out of a sheet cake maybe? with a template. Each heart is a different flavor.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/natiscakes/2898484890/

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%