Is This Dough Safe To Eat???

Baking By still_learning Updated 14 Jun 2013 , 4:22am by jason_kraft

still_learning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
still_learning Posted 13 Jun 2013 , 10:46pm
post #1 of 4

AI was making cookies for my son's last day of school this morning at 9 AM when the power went out. It was only supposed to be out for a few hours but ended up being out for 9.5 hours. The uncooked dough has been sitting on cookie sheets waiting to be baked. Is it all trash from not reign refrigerated? The dough contains eggs yolks. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I don't want anyone to get sick.

3 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 13 Jun 2013 , 11:59pm
post #2 of 4

I think they'd be fine.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 1:06am
post #3 of 4

uh, I don't think it will be fine.  It would be good for 4 hours maximum outside refrigeration.  Unless there was a ton of sugar in the dough, and even then you'd need to know the Ph of the dough.  Better be safe than sorry - trash it.  Especially if these will be eaten by children - by definintion a group of people with immature immune systems.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 4:22am
post #4 of 4

A

Original message sent by leah_s

uh, I don't think it will be fine.  It would be good for 4 hours maximum outside refrigeration.  Unless there was a ton of sugar in the dough, and even then you'd need to know the Ph of the dough.  Better be safe than sorry - trash it.  Especially if these will be eaten by children - by definintion a group of people with immature immune systems.

This. It's not worth the risk.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%