3 Cakes In One?!?! Help!

Decorating By nanasmom Updated 14 Jun 2013 , 4:26am by HELLOsamii

nanasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanasmom Posted 13 Jun 2013 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 8

I need creative advice! 

We are having a family get together this Sunday because my "little" sister just came back from studying abroad for a year.  Additionally, it was my daughter's 7th birthday this week, and my parents anniversary. 

I am now given this crazy task of making a cake for this!  I have experience with fondant but I cannot figure out how to make this 3 in 1 cake.  We are a small crowd (half of who are on diets) so I don't need a large cake with 3 tiers.  Any suggestions?

My other idea is just do a pretty buttercream fondant cake but it won't really be personalized.

TIA!

7 replies
HELLOsamii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HELLOsamii Posted 13 Jun 2013 , 7:41pm
post #2 of 8

Does it have to be one whole cake? Couldn't you make Three double layer 5' cakes? They would be small and have different themes.

nanasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanasmom Posted 13 Jun 2013 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLOsamii 

Does it have to be one whole cake? Couldn't you make Three double layer 5' cakes? They would be small and have different themes.

Was thinking about this.  Not sure I can pull off three cakes by Sunday. I basically have tonight to bake them and only Saturday night to decorate.

psgodusa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psgodusa Posted 13 Jun 2013 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 8

May be you can make a single sheet cake and color it in three different colors each of their favorite colors and decorate each color with things/flowers which they like..

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 13 Jun 2013 , 9:08pm
post #6 of 8

AHow about something that symbolizes your family instead of those specific events?

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 13 Jun 2013 , 9:15pm
post #7 of 8

Is there something your whole family loves or does?  I agree with the above and don't rule out the cupcake possibility.  We had a small, half on a diet, birthday party two weeks ago and I made Smores cupcakes .  As it turned out, my niece on a diet ate 2, the birthday boy (man) ate 3 and my nephew told me how much he loved them 4x!  

How about pull-apart cupcakes iced to look like a whole pizza pie?   These are the kinds of things my wacky family likes so hope it helps!

Theresa

HELLOsamii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HELLOsamii Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 4:26am
post #8 of 8

How did you want to decorate them? You could go simple, base frosted and simple decorating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%