Storing Cupcakes And Cake Pops.!! Please Help!!!

Decorating By mellbel25 Updated 12 Jun 2013 , 6:00pm by mellbel25

mellbel25 Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 6

AHey guys.

I need to make red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting . I wanted to make them 4 days in advance. How do I store them? And where??

Same thing with already dipped cake pops. Can I leave them in the fridge if they are in treat bags? Or leave them out ?

5 replies
lorieleann Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 6

I would store the cupcakes unfrosted in the freezer.  If you are using a box/doctored box mix they might stay fresh for 4 days, but otherwise a four day old cupcake is going to taste like a four day old cupcake.  At lease freezing will preserve them a bit.  I'd also make and hold the frosting, piping it on once they are thawed. 

i have held cake pops, wrapped, in the fridge for over a week.  They are well preserved once dipped. 

mellbel25 Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 6

A

Original message sent by lorieleann

I would store the cupcakes unfrosted in the freezer.  If you are using a box/doctored box mix they might stay fresh for 4 days, but otherwise a four day old cupcake is going to taste like a four day old cupcake.  At lease freezing will preserve them a bit.  I'd also make and hold the frosting, piping it on once they are thawed. 

i have held cake pops, wrapped, in the fridge for over a week.  They are well preserved once dipped. 

I wanted to leave them frosted in the fridge in a big cupcake carrier. Do you not recommend that?

mellbel25 Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 5:47pm
post #4 of 6

AWhat if I don't want to freeze it? And I really want to frost the cupcakes with the cream cheese frosting . Not recommended to keep them in the fridge for 3 days? From now(Wednesday to Saturday)

Norasmom Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 6

I agree, even if stored in the fridge, the cupcakes will not remain fresh if stored that long unless they are frozen.

mellbel25 Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 6:00pm
post #6 of 6

A

Original message sent by Norasmom

I agree, even if stored in the fridge, the cupcakes will not remain fresh if stored that long unless they are frozen.

Thank you ladies! I will just go ahead and bake the cupcakes , freeze them and frost them the day of! Thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%