How Do I Salvage A Dough

Baking By princessofcake Updated 11 Jun 2013 , 12:21am by princessofcake

princessofcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princessofcake Posted 10 Jun 2013 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 7

AI had an employee make a large batch of our chocolate chip cookie dough to freeze. Felt confident she could handle it, the recipe is pretty clear and easy to make and they come out perfect in the oven. Well, I underestimated. The dough is a much darker brown than normal and she swears she did it precisely, that it turned dark when she added the chips. We baked a pan yesterday and they aren't as light as usual and spread way too much, and have a saltier taste. All that to ask, what's the best way to salvage the dough? I was thinking of making cookie dough topped brownies but with the saltiness I'm not sure. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

6 replies
bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 10 Jun 2013 , 4:40pm
post #2 of 7

Do you do pies or cheesecakes? You could crumble them to make a crust. Or even mix them into a cheesecake. Mmmm. I have put cookie dough into cupcakes before as well. I don't do cookies very often and only sugar when I do, so not sure how to save the batch you made. 

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 10 Jun 2013 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 7

Bake as a chocolate chip blondie special.  Drizzle caramel and pretzels on top.  Sell at a premium.

princessofcake Posted 10 Jun 2013 , 5:53pm
post #4 of 7

AMy sweet mother in law stopped by with a few ideas. We concluded that she used too much baking soda...funny aftertaste. So we thought base for a cheesecake or a brownie/cookie bar.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 10 Jun 2013 , 6:33pm
post #5 of 7

Hope you don't mind my adding: Your employee needs tighter supervision. She made a mistake (wasn't paying attention to her work?) and then could not admit she had erred. Could be a teachable moment... 

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 10 Jun 2013 , 7:37pm
post #6 of 7

Aren't employees fun!? 

princessofcake Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 12:21am
post #7 of 7

AI would love to teach my employee... And would love if she would "fess" up. But in her defense she was trying to wait on customers while completing a project I left her while I took a much needed break, finding out 15 hour shifts are long and stressful. Yes, employees are fun! In the first month of business had 2 high schoolers claim making coffee drinks was "too stressful" and fired another for several reasons....the joys of being a business owner!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%