Super Hero Cake

Decorating By bethugolini Updated 9 Jun 2013 , 9:14pm by jason_kraft

bethugolini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethugolini Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 6

I'am not professional cake maker, have never sold a cake, Made this cake for my grandson after watching a few videos online. After I made this some people asked what I charge for a cake like this. I said I don't sell cakes. So I was wondering what a cake like this would go for? If anyone can help I'd appreciate it . Thanks

5 replies
Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 6

AThat is a nice cake. There are forums on here that talk about pricing and there is an excel sheet. You can search google to find them. There are also blogs out there just search for cake pricing and the area you are in because that can be a factor.

That being said do not sell your self short or your skills. I made my sister's wedding cake and someone wanted me to do theirs. After checking pricing around my area and it was a very simple cake 14", 10", and 8" white cake with buttercream icing and raspberry filling. I charged her $300 which was about $2.90 a serving. That was 8 yrs ago.

So when people ask me how much I would charge I tell them I am expensive. I am not Wal-Mart and while I am not a professional baker. I have spent time and money to get to the level that I am including taking vlasvlas

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 7:14pm
post #3 of 6

ASorry hit button to soon.

I was saying I took classes.

I wouldn't do that cake for less than 200.00 and if they don't like it you don't have to stress over making it.

Enjoy cakecentral there is a lot of talent and information on here.

Marian

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 6

AOn my blog (link in my signature below) I wrote an article about pricing and an article about copyright law, I recommend reading both. A cake like this could not be legally sold or transferred without permission from the relevant copyright owners.

newbe86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newbe86 Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 8:57pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft 

On my blog (link in my signature below) I wrote an article about pricing and an article about copyright law, I recommend reading both. A cake like this could not be legally sold or transferred without permission from the relevant copyright owners.

What about an Elmo cake? How would something like that work if I were to purchase a cake pan shaped like Elmo? Could that be sold?

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 9:14pm
post #6 of 6

A

Original message sent by newbe86

What about an Elmo cake? How would something like that work if I were to purchase a cake pan shaped like Elmo? Could that be sold?

You can resell the cake pan itself, but any copies you make of Elmo (e.g. baking an Elmo-shaped cake) would require the copyright owner's permission.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%