Great, Now What??

Business By Annabakescakes Updated 13 Jun 2013 , 11:04am by Sweet_Cakes

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 4:42pm
post #31 of 50

AYou know your so lucky!!! Amazing husband, most guys wouldn't even be interested in baking or decorating- except the eating part!!! Seems like you have a marriage built to last!!

Sweet_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Cakes Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 4:45pm
post #32 of 50

Oh I hope I can find a prince like that! LOL

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 4:48pm
post #33 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture 

What a great guy! 

He really is! I am very lucky/blessed to have him, most of the time. He even started dating me knowing I had 3 kids, (He swore he'd never have them after his sister moved back home to start whelping when he was a teenager, and the babies needed so much care)  and now we have one together and we are SO DONE having them, he volunteered to get a vasectomy! I asked him, "You know what they do, right?" And he says, "they take the beans out of the bag, right? LOL! I said, "No, they just snip and burn the thread that connects the beans to the frank." And he says, "OH! That's much better!"

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 4:55pm
post #34 of 50

Beans and franks!! Beans and franks! Ha ha ha, I love that movie!

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 5:52pm
post #35 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Cakes 

I have one like that! He's been with me on two wedding deliveries where we also attended as guests. He was so wound up and nervous you would have thought he was delivering kittens instead of setting up a cake. Of course, he didn't have the benefit of Xanax for my sister's wedding, like I did...I thought he was going to cut someone who tried to touch the cake. 

It's amazing to have found someone so unconditionally supportive! congrats.

Annabakescakes Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 5:58pm
post #36 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellavanilla 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Cakes 

I have one like that! He's been with me on two wedding deliveries where we also attended as guests. He was so wound up and nervous you would have thought he was delivering kittens instead of setting up a cake. Of course, he didn't have the benefit of Xanax for my sister's wedding, like I did...I thought he was going to cut someone who tried to touch the cake. 

It's amazing to have found someone so unconditionally supportive! congrats.

Oh yeah! He is as nervous as can be when we deliver cakes! He is an absolute wreck! He will sit in the back with the cake and just freak out at every turn and dip in the road. We are giddy on the way back, but I think sometimes we are going to have to divorce on the way there...

Annabakescakes Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 6:00pm
post #37 of 50
Quote:

I was thinking about it last night, lol. It is hilarious!

Sweet_Cakes Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 6:13pm
post #38 of 50

Hey...if you can deliver a cake together then y'all can make it anywhere! LOL

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 7:23pm
post #39 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

Oh yeah! He is as nervous as can be when we deliver cakes! He is an absolute wreck! He will sit in the back with the cake and just freak out at every turn and dip in the road. We are giddy on the way back, but I think sometimes we are going to have to divorce on the way there...

This is all too familiar only I am in the back with the cake making sarcastic remarks about his ability to hit every pot hole :) 

Beans & franks!!!!  Still howling - lol  Seriously, I am so happy for you that you have such a great supportive husband. Love reading about your experiences.

dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 8:31pm
post #40 of 50
Quote:

What movie???!!! I must have missed it! Share, please!

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 8:50pm
post #41 of 50

AThere's Something About Mary...hilarious!

dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 8:52pm
post #42 of 50
Quote:

There's Something About Mary...hilarious!

Thanks! I remember hearing a lot about that one. I'll have to check it out for sure!

Annabakescakes Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 6:31pm
post #43 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWinslow 

Quote:

This is all too familiar only I am in the back with the cake making sarcastic remarks about his ability to hit every pot hole :) 

Beans & franks!!!!  Still howling - lol  Seriously, I am so happy for you that you have such a great supportive husband. Love reading about your experiences.

He really is great! I love him to bits and pieces. He is a terrible driver, though. He doesn't get "coasting", it is gas, brake, gas, brake, gas, brake....meanwhile, the cake is weaving like it's drunk... and I can feel my hair turning grey and my muscles tightening, and extra winkles lining my face. Lots of sarcasm too! "Um, did you get the license plate on what hit us?" "Are you trying to topple the cake?" "Are you having trouble with your vision up there?" "Could you please go back to the paved road?" It is a terrifying experience! 

Both my wedding cakes this week are 3 tiers, which fit into my freezer, so I will be freezing for an hour, putting in a big box, and I am going to hammer a dowel right through the middle of the box and the cake, down through the drum.... Homemade CakeSafe!

And I am glad someone loves reading them, since I love telling ;-) Thank you!

melanie-1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanie-1221 Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 7:33pm
post #44 of 50

I love this Anna!

I feel like I'm reading a chapter out of my life..my husband is a skateboarder as well, it's a constant battle between new skate ramp, rail, box etc, or room for MY stuff..lol

He also helps me deliver my cakes. he handles the driving while I ride in the back with the cakes holding my breath, except when I have to huff at him.

I swear he forgets we are back there sometimes...gunning it at take off from a red light..AHHHHHHHH! It's always an adventure that tests our relationship..lol

Glad to hear you have such a supportive guy..they rock!!

Annabakescakes Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 7:54pm
post #45 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie-1221 

I love this Anna!

I feel like I'm reading a chapter out of my life..my husband is a skateboarder as well, it's a constant battle between new skate ramp, rail, box etc, or room for MY stuff..lol

He also helps me deliver my cakes. he handles the driving while I ride in the back with the cakes holding my breath, except when I have to huff at him.

I swear he forgets we are back there sometimes...gunning it at take off from a red light..AHHHHHHHH! It's always an adventure that tests our relationship..lol

Glad to hear you have such a supportive guy..they rock!!

We did build a ramp in our yard! And he works at a skate park all winter when it is at it's busiest, so he skates for free all year.Ever hear of Ollie's? It is the "largest indoor skatepark in the Midwest" (I hear it all the time, lol!)

Right now I have a break on skate stuff, but he will go in waves... He always needs new trucks because he grinds them down to the axel, and that is the most expensive part! Then he will get a new deck, and next thing I know, it is broken in half. Now he is obsessively buying Playskool Galactic Heroes off Ebay, for our 4 year old...At least he comes home every night, right? He cooked dinner last night while I finished my baking, and then came out to the bakery to make my lace pieces for a cake on Saturday. He is really awesome!

Deb2013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb2013 Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 7:54pm
post #46 of 50

Anna, I have your same affliction, and it isn't easy to say 'no'. ;) But cazza1 is correct - you deserve to take care of yourself and family first. If you don't need to do the cake, be upfront and tell Mrs. Witch so, or that the cake was promised for Sunday. You can deliver by 'X' time Sunday and that's the best you can do. I know sometimes it's hard to be tough, but if you aren't, there are people who will take full advantage and when all is said and done, you end up like you did last week. Been there, done that, and wish I hadn't!

Annabakescakes Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 8:15pm
post #47 of 50

I emailed her last Friday, telling her that no, she said Sunday, and that she can't possibly get it at 2 on Saturday, that it would either have to be Friday late, or early Saturday, and she completely ignored me until today. She replied "So what is the plan?" that is all! I am pissed all over again, but feel that now I HAVE to do the cake, since I baked it yesterday, and there is so little time now. She is on my "No cake for you!" list, though. We are going to do it, she will love it, and she is cut off. lol. I And I am going to modify my contract to state that if a cake is requested more than 6 hour earlier than previously discussed, then there will be an additional charge, like 25% more, or something. funny how we learn every time someone screws us over!

melanie-1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanie-1221 Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 8:41pm
post #48 of 50
Quote:

We did build a ramp in our yard! And he works at a skate park all winter when it is at it's busiest, so he skates for free all year.Ever hear of Ollie's? It is the "largest indoor skatepark in the Midwest" (I hear it all the time, lol!)

Right now I have a break on skate stuff, but he will go in waves... He always needs new trucks because he grinds them down to the axel, and that is the most expensive part! Then he will get a new deck, and next thing I know, it is broken in half. Now he is obsessively buying Playskool Galactic Heroes off Ebay, for our 4 year old...At least he comes home every night, right? He cooked dinner last night while I finished my baking, and then came out to the bakery to make my lace pieces for a cake on Saturday. He is really awesome!

Ohh we have heard of Ollie's. Your husband must LOVE working there.

We owned the only " authentic" skate shop here in Syracuse until he decided sitting behind the counter all day and selling skateboards was not nearly as exciting as actually being out skating ..lol. So now  my cake studio over-runneth with skate shop inventory thumbsdown.gif

I agree, at least they come home at night...can't skate forever :)

I wish I could get him to actually make the cakes with me. He will roll out the fondant if I'm tired, and help me line up the fondant ribbons when necessary.  He's also my best critic. If he comes in and tells me the cake looks great then I'm ok, but when I get a " yeah, that looks OK" , it's time to tear it apart and start over.

You have a great guy Anna...keep him thumbs_up.gif

Annabakescakes Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 8:50pm
post #49 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie-1221 

Quote:

Ohh we have heard of Ollie's. Your husband must LOVE working there.

We owned the only " authentic" skate shop here in Syracuse until he decided sitting behind the counter all day and selling skateboards was not nearly as exciting as actually being out skating ..lol. So now  my cake studio over-runneth with skate shop inventory thumbsdown.gif

I agree, at least they come home at night...can't skate forever :)

I wish I could get him to actually make the cakes with me. He will roll out the fondant if I'm tired, and help me line up the fondant ribbons when necessary.  He's also my best critic. If he comes in and tells me the cake looks great then I'm ok, but when I get a " yeah, that looks OK" , it's time to tear it apart and start over.

You have a great guy Anna...keep him thumbs_up.gif

He needs an Ebay store, my husband is always looking for skateboard pieces online! He is so picky, worse than any girl I have ever known. He HAS to have specific parts, or he can't skate. He also gets a discount in the store, but it is different for every product, so he an often get a better deal online. Actually, my husband wants an online store so bad, and wants to design skateboard graphics, too. He works in a metal fab shop, and is always making things for me, or for the house. He really is great! Awww, now I got be super nice to him, I am really appreciating him right now :-)

Kneading and rolling out fondant is tough work! And I actually got my guy more interested in cakes due to Cake Boss, Mike Amazing Cakes, and our own Crazy-Grey, who are all dudes. :-)

Sweet_Cakes Posted 13 Jun 2013 , 11:04am
post #50 of 50

Anna, I bet he would have loved Duff..if only he was still on the air!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%