Going To Attempt First Ever Painting!

Decorating By Huskymomma Updated 6 Jun 2013 , 10:23pm by Huskymomma

Huskymomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Huskymomma Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 10:48am
post #1 of 7

Im going to attempt my first ever painting on icing for my husbands birthday cake and I wondered if anyone had any tips on it?

this is what im painting our boy storm. just the head not the background.

6 replies
manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 11:25am
post #2 of 7

AFor your 1st time I'd paint on a fondant plaque and attach it to your cake. That way if you mess up, it's not a big deal.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 12:16pm
post #3 of 7

Also, if it is on a plaque you can gently take it off and look at it for a while after all your hard work.

Sweet_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Cakes Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 12:16pm
post #4 of 7

I can't draw on paper, but I can draw on cake...I can't paint on paper...I wonder if I can paint on cake. Good luck! It looks like it will be an awesome painting! Remember to post pics of the finished product!

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 12:26pm
post #5 of 7

APretty pup by the way ;)

gemmal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gemmal Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 1:55pm
post #6 of 7

Have you looked at the free Craftsy course that's about painting, thats really good to watch because she goes into detail about transfering the design over and the best ways to mix paints etc. http://www.craftsy.com/class/the-hand-painted-cake/180 Good luck, but just a warning, I had real trouble using Sugarflair colours for this for some reason. Oh, and Storm is gorgeous by the way! =]

Huskymomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Huskymomma Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 10:23pm
post #7 of 7

Athankyou all for the tips. maybe the plaque is the way to go. im so glad i joined! and thanks for the comments about storm. I will share photos of the finished piece. the birthdays on 22nd june. x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%