Reese Cup Shaped Cake?

Decorating By bulldog Updated 6 Jun 2013 , 11:32pm by bulldog

bulldog Posted 5 Jun 2013 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 5

AI need to make a chocolate cake with a peanut butter filling that will be covered with peanut butter buttercream and chocolate fondant. This cake needs to look like a Reese cup. This cake will start out as a 12" round. I plan to carve the cake to get the basic shape, but not sure best way to make sharp ridges around side. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

4 replies
kaylawaylalayla Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 1:43am
post #2 of 5

i've never done this.  this is a wild guess. but i would make the cake, carve it and frost it, and then freeze it. then in those large cupcake pans that have the ridges like a paper cup, i would press my chocolate fondant into that like i was making a tart shell. add some extra buttercream into the sides of that. and then place my frozen cake into the pan.

i would roll out enough chocolate fondant to cover a cake board large enough to cover the cake, and then turn the frozen cake from the cup cake pan out onto that and then flip. let me know if that makes any sense.


i'm sure there is an easier way that someone will eventually come here and say, but thats my best guess.

savannahquinn Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 1:55am
post #3 of 5

I would frost your cake, and roll pieces of fondant and place then on the sides of the cake all around....then I would fondant over the whole thing so that the rolled pieces around the cake protrude and look like the ridges.

I hope that's not too confusing.

kaylawaylalayla Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 1:57am
post #4 of 5


this is a little bit larger. saw that you are using a 12" and i think the giant cup cake is like 7"

bulldog Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 11:32pm
post #5 of 5

AThank you for all of your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%