Venting!!!!!!!

Decorating By aefswelsh Updated 12 Jun 2013 , 10:09pm by AnnieCahill

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 1:52am
post #31 of 46

Or just make her a $20 cake...lol. Most likely it would be a dozen plain cupcakes

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 2:05am
post #32 of 46

A

Original message sent by BatterUpCake

Or just make her a $20 cake...lol. Most likely it would be a dozen plain cupcakes

If she only needs a half sheet you could probably turn a profit by buying a Costco sheet cake and putting it in your own box.

BatterUpCake Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 10:36am
post #33 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft 

If she only needs a half sheet you could probably turn a profit by buying a Costco sheet cake and putting it in your own box.

I would never do that.....if I present a product of my own and people hate it or there is a hug bug baked inside my reputation is tarnished.

Lucky6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lucky6 Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 10:49am
post #34 of 46

A[INDENT]i believe Jason was being sarcastic [/INDENT]

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 11:44am
post #35 of 46

AWhat's a hug bug?

BatterUpCake Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 11:51am
post #36 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky6 

i believe Jason was being sarcastic

Oh...lol. It is sometimes hard to infer sarcasm over the computer

Sweet_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Cakes Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 11:57am
post #37 of 46

Jason has a dry sense of humor...and I've never seen him use the "j/k" phrase...so I can fully understand why you misunderstood his sarcasm. But I thought it was funny. You could take the $20, and go and purchase the cake from Costco and give it to the customer IN the Costco box and tell them that is what $20 pays for...LOL...teach them a lesson! (j/k)

meriem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meriem Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 3:26pm
post #38 of 46

AI will find this insulting, she obviously doesn't value your time or your work. I'll give her money back and tell her she can try somewhere else

BatterUpCake Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 4:36pm
post #39 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Cakes 

Jason has a dry sense of humor...and I've never seen him use the "j/k" phrase...so I can fully understand why you misunderstood his sarcasm. But I thought it was funny. You could take the $20, and go and purchase the cake from Costco and give it to the customer IN the Costco box and tell them that is what $20 pays for...LOL...teach them a lesson! (j/k)

Oh I have the same sense of humor. I like your idea of leaving it IN the original box tho....People think all that goes in a cake is eggs, flour and sugar. I am just starting doing custom cakes for people and am shocked at all of the time and hard work that goes into it. I am definitely undercharging. The wedding cake I am doing for a friend tomorrow I asked $120 for and that included the $30 topper. Thank GOD she insisted on giving me $150. Even that is cheap for the cake but her family has been wonderful to me. I wouldn't have charged her at all if I could afford that. But she makes 4x what I do and she understands that which is why she insisted on the $150.

cakestomuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestomuch Posted 8 Jun 2013 , 4:42am
post #40 of 46

Does she work 1-2 days for $20.00? Absolutely not so why should you? There have been many good comments on here and I agree with them. I would give her back the money and give her an invoice with the cost. I wouldn't even give her a discount since she was such an a$$. I would also put the CC website on there and tell her if she has a day or 2 she can make it and the link will get her started. She will learn real soon what it really takes to make a custom cake.

I also like the idea of the Costco cake in its own box! She didn't ask the price because she knows that it would be a lot more than that and she is hoping that you don't stand up for yourself. I wouldn't even be surprised if she or her cousin have already priced such a cake somewhere else.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 8 Jun 2013 , 10:17am
post #41 of 46

No, buy what ingredients you can for $20, and drop them off for her.

cakestomuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestomuch Posted 8 Jun 2013 , 11:38pm
post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieCahill 

No, buy what ingredients you can for $20, and drop them off for her.

That's also a good one.
Let us know what you do.
aefswelsh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aefswelsh Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 7:42pm
post #43 of 46

Sorry it took me so long to get back. Ive been a busy bee. Anyway, after a LONG discussion with my co-worker. We agrred to $50, But she helped from start to finish. Baking, Icing, decorating, all of it. After 2 days of working together it was done. BTW it was huge! She then saw how difficult the whole process is. She did hand out my business cards to all 75 people. And Sent me a card with another $25 in it.

tabathaba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabathaba Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 8:57pm
post #44 of 46

ASuch a smart idea!!!

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 9:07pm
post #45 of 46

A

Original message sent by aefswelsh

Sorry it took me so long to get back. Ive been a busy bee. Anyway, after a LONG discussion with my co-worker. We agrred to $50, But she helped from start to finish. Baking, Icing, decorating, all of it. After 2 days of working together it was done. BTW it was huge! She then saw how difficult the whole process is. She did hand out my business cards to all 75 people. And Sent me a card with another $25 in it.

Hopefully you gave her an invoice showing the actual price before her huge discount, otherwise you may have many of those 75 people looking for a cheap cake.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 10:09pm
post #46 of 46

Jason beat me to it! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%