HiLine Cakes Posted 5 Jun 2013 , 5:25pm
post #1 of

I have had a request for a Big Bud tractor cake. Should I have the customer contact the company for permission before I make this, or is that not necessary? 

http://image.dieselpowermag.com/f/features/1103dp_big_bud_the_worlds_largest_farm_tractor/35724717/1103dp_01_o%2B1103dp_big_bud_the_worlds_largest_farm_tractor%2Bfront_side_shot.jpg

5 replies
jason_kraft Posted 5 Jun 2013 , 5:55pm
post #2 of

AIf you will be duplicating the design exactly or using the logo you should have the customer get permission.

costumeczar Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 2:48am
post #3 of

I just wouldn't use the logo. I've rarely seen any car or vehicle cakes that are so totally identifiable that they'd be considered infringement.

kikiandkyle Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 1:30pm
post #4 of

AIf they want the logo, have the customer contact the company to ask for permission - it doesn't appear to be a big company so there's a good chance your customer has a contact there already who will be happy to sign off on it. They can blame it on you if Big Bud thinks its a crazy request!

HiLine Cakes Posted 17 Jun 2013 , 7:36am
post #5 of

ACustomer asked and received permission. :)

Evoir Posted 17 Jun 2013 , 10:16am
post #6 of

AThis is a great lesson for everyone who has ever worried about asking for permission from the copyright/IP owner! It's worth a try!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%