Alycee Posted 5 Jun 2013 , 5:24pm
post #1 of

Hello there!

 

I'm making this beautiful sugar cages for a wedding, but I have no idea how much can I charge for each one, I'm making a total of 460, and will use isomalt instead of regular sugar.

 

I have a link to a pic that might illustrate what I have to do

 

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/69013/69013,1201850590,3/stock-photo-side-view-of-a-blank-white-plate-with-a-inch-caramelized-sugar-cage-used-as-an-edible-prop-for-an-9044662.jpg

 

THANK YOU :D

13 replies
bct806 Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 10:11pm
post #2 of

Have you figured out how much it will cost you to make them? Those are gorgeous. Had one over some cheesecake once. Loved cracking it with the spoon to get to the velvety cheesecake under it. I don't envy all the work you are going to have to do on them though!! I use this formula when it comes to extras like that. Got it from Etsy.

 

 Materials + Labor + Expenses + Profit = Wholesale x 2 = Retail

Annabakescakes Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 11:41pm
post #3 of

A

Original message sent by bct806

Have you figured out how much it will cost you to make them? Those are gorgeous. Had one over some cheesecake once. Loved cracking it with the spoon to get to the velvety cheesecake under it. I don't envy all the work you are going to have to do on them though!! I use this formula when it comes to extras like that. Got it from Etsy.

 Materials + Labor + Expenses + Profit = Wholesale x 2 = Retail Just curious what that winds up as per serving when you sell a cake ;-)

bct806 Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 3:58am
post #4 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

 

I didn't say I used it for cake. I said it was for extras. Such as the sugar dome she is making. icon_rolleyes.gif

Annabakescakes Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 4:28am
post #5 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bct806 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

 

I didn't say I used it for cake. I said it was for extras. Such as the sugar dome she is making. icon_rolleyes.gif

 

 

Seriously? It was just a question, I was curious how well it worked. Excuse the hell out of me.

Godot Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 4:41am
post #6 of

ANo. No way. No effin' way. No excuse for you, missy.

Disclaimer: this is called heavy sarcasm. I like Annabakescakes and I'm just teasing her.

Annabakescakes Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 5:29am
post #7 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godot 

No. No way. No effin' way. No excuse for you, missy.

Disclaimer: this is called heavy sarcasm. I like Annabakescakes and I'm just teasing her.

hahaha! thank you icon_redface.gif

bct806 Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 2:08pm
post #8 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

 

 

Seriously? It was just a question, I was curious how well it worked. Excuse the hell out of me.

Why angry? No anger here. Was just saying I didn't use it for that reason. I think I was taken the wrong way on that one. 

julzs71 Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 2:51pm
post #9 of

AIf this is going on the desert I would not want isomalt. I would prefer sugar...taste better.

AZCouture Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 4:49pm

Isomalt? No way! That should be pure delicious sugar. I'd be so disappointed if I bit into that to taste isomalt. 

maybenot Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 10:51pm

I agree, no isomalt. That's lightly caramelized sugar and is a compliment to the dessert/cake. 

 

Isomalt will merely be a throw away decoration--hard to eat, not very sweet, and will cause tummy troubles to anyone who consumes too much.

dawnybird Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 11:21pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybenot 

I agree, no isomalt. That's lightly caramelized sugar and is a compliment to the dessert/cake. 

 

Isomalt will merely be a throw away decoration--hard to eat, not very sweet, and will cause tummy troubles to anyone who consumes too much.


I agree. I've made sugar cages (only a few for a family dinner!) and they're really easy to do with regular sugar.

Annabakescakes Posted 8 Jun 2013 , 12:58am

A

Original message sent by bct806

[QUOTE name="Annabakescakes" url="/t/759358/sugar-cage#post_7401756"] Seriously? It was just a question, I was curious how well it worked. Excuse the hell out of me. [/QUOTE] Why angry? No anger here. Was just saying I didn't use it for that reason. I think I was taken the wrong way on that one. 

Hmmmmm.... It was the eyeroll. I like to throw that in when someone asks a real stupid question. I generally reserve that emoticon for when I talk about customers, not when talking to my fellow bakers.

bct806 Posted 8 Jun 2013 , 3:26am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 


Hmmmmm.... It was the eyeroll. I like to throw that in when someone asks a real stupid question. I generally reserve that emoticon for when I talk about customers, not when talking to my fellow bakers.

Understood. Not meant as an eye roll. Guess I should read the things on them. Just don't always like using the smiling baker all the time. haha. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%