Suffering Hayfever.....help!!!!!!

Lounge By cakealicious7 Updated 4 Jun 2013 , 6:06pm by cakealicious7

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 4 Jun 2013 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 4

AHi guys, so I live in the U.K where its just about starting to get hot. I am absolutely hating the weather because I suffer sooooo bad with hayfever!!! I can't go out and enjoy the sun and any kind of baking is completely off the menu, I've tried every kind of medicine and was wondering if you guys had some suggestions or home remedies? Thanks xx

3 replies
LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 4 Jun 2013 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 4

Hi!  I'm also in the UK, and loving this sunshine!  Hopefully it will last a bit longer :-)

My father-in-law suffers from hayfever quite badly (which is a shame as he lives out in the countryside), but for many years he has found that cutting dairy out of his diet helps a lot.  I would suggest to check with your doctor first, but if you're desperate then it might be worth a try.

He just stops taking anything dairy when the symptoms start, and then resumes over autumn and winter, so you wouldn't need to give up all the time :-)

Hopefully this helps!

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 4 Jun 2013 , 6:00pm
post #3 of 4

AMy hay fever has gotten much better since starting a regimen of allergy shots. It's a pain at the beginning (usually twice a week for a year or so) but it tapers off to once a month eventually. Talk to your allergist for more info.

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 4 Jun 2013 , 6:06pm
post #4 of 4

AThankyou jason, I was thinking of going to my doctor's to get an allergy test done because lizzies response made me think maybe I've developed a food allergy aswell?

@ lizzie I could not survive living in the countryside!!! I don't know how he does it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%