Scallop Design

Decorating By fcakes Updated 6 Jun 2013 , 1:16am by fcakes

fcakes Posted 4 Jun 2013 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 6

AI was wondering if anyone could please suggest what can be used to achieve the scalloped design going around the cake tiers in these pics, if I don't have the specific cutter?....thank you!

5 replies
kakeladi Posted 4 Jun 2013 , 9:57pm
post #5 of 6

If you're going for the rope/string scallops between the bouys(sp?) it's easy to take two thin ropes of fondant and twist them together.
If you mean the lifesaver/round things w/red on them again it's very easy to use two glasses of different sizes or depending on how big you need them use a *large* tip and small one to cut the round shapes.

No need for special tools you might only use once or twice :)

fcakes Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 1:16am
post #6 of 6

Thank you!!! The frill cutters is probably what I'd need. Found a Wilton mold as well that has a scallop design... wilton is coming out with some pretty neat molds! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%