Stupid Venues Wrecking Cakes :0(

Lounge By Crazy-Gray Updated 4 Jun 2013 , 3:14pm by jason_kraft

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 4 Jun 2013 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 2

I just have to vent at stupid venues!!

Last month my bride collected her unstacked 4 tiers in their boxes, transported them 300 miles and left them with her venue whom which were told twice in writing that the cake was not to be stacked and was to go one of those 4 tier stands (Which I hate cos of their annoying wobblyness- but the bride insisted!)… there was even a label on the boxes saying “Do not stack: use stand provided” as of course they had no internal support and would colapse…

4 weeks later she shared her wedding pics with me on FB and there was her cake on its stand… but I see a big crack in the bottom tier with the top squashed in a good inch, nearly 2: the cake had clearly been stacked and from the damage would have been close to falling before it was rescued.

I was so annoyed I just contacted the bride and asked what had happed; she said she hoped I wouldn’t notice (lol) that the hotel had stacked the cake despite her saying not to as well and that she had had to get it sorted and put on the stand the morning of her wedding! Poor girl.

It just makes me wonder if I should Insist on assembly myself and insist on charging the extra £600 round trip that would have been required (ie essentially turn the cake down)...

…hopefully now I’ve ranted I can concentrate on this weekend’s cakes and cease my teeth-grinding pacing… I’m close to wearing a hole in the tile floor….

icon_sad.gif

1 reply
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 4 Jun 2013 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 2

AIf there's something important the venue needs to know and you won't be there, I find it's helpful to call the venue and speak with the on-site manager directly. The person who received the boxes at the venue may have no connection or responsibility for the kitchen staff, and the staff themselves may not even speak English.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%