Glass Vase Seperators?

Decorating By pag41989 Updated 3 Jun 2013 , 2:57pm by pag41989

pag41989 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pag41989 Posted 3 Jun 2013 , 2:39pm
post #1 of 3

I have seen several cakes at a competition where there were seperators/stands using a glass vase. I made a sketch recently that I posted on my facebook and now a bride wants to use it as her wedding cake. This cake is going to be a lot of firsts for me: First Octagon Cake, first "real" 5 tiered cake, first cake with crystals, and first cake being stacked with vases. At the competition all the cakes were made out of styrofoam so I am worried that the vases will crack and break underneath the weight of the cakes (especially the bottom one). Does anyone have any tips that has done a cake like this before? Also, does anyone know where to get Octagon Cake boards? I found the thicker foam boards but I need the thinner ones to place the tiers on. Thanks!

2 replies
wildflowercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflowercakes Posted 3 Jun 2013 , 2:56pm
post #2 of 3

I ordered acrylic presentation  boxes from "Collecting Warehouse". They have various sizes and shapes. And come in different thickness of acrylic. Sorry I can't help with the cake boards, I usually cut my own.

pag41989 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pag41989 Posted 3 Jun 2013 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you I will have to look into that! I have also thought about cutting my own but they never come out right.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%