Featherweight Bags Or Disposable?

Decorating By morganchampagne Updated 3 Jun 2013 , 4:14pm by rdjr

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 3 Jun 2013 , 5:59am
post #1 of 9

Hello All!!

I am new here, so imagine me waving *waves". Ive always come here for answers to my questions, but never thought about joining! Hopefully one day, I can have some answers, but for now all I have are questions (LOL). Moving on, anybody have an opinion on the Featherweight bags or disposable ones? Ads&Disads maybe? Im sure theres a thread either identical or similar to this, but I didnt look. Thanks in advance!! Excited to be here around more cake enthusiasts, now I can stop bothering my dad and my boyfriend with my cake talk lol.

8 replies
vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 3 Jun 2013 , 6:40am
post #2 of 9

A*Waves back* Welcome. I have both but I find myself reaching for the disposables more. I guess I'm just used to them. In school we used the disposables too.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 3 Jun 2013 , 6:40am
post #3 of 9

I don't know what the featherweight bags are but I have swapped from using washable piping bags to disposable ones in the last year. Give me a disposable any day.  I hate the cleaning up and I especially hated washing the piping bag.  I bought a whole pile cheap on ebay from China.

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 3 Jun 2013 , 6:42am
post #4 of 9

APlus since there's like 5 billion in a bag, it doesn't hurt as much when I overestimate how much of the tip I need to cut for the coupler and the bloomin' thing falls right through cos I cut too much off the tip of the bag. I just reach for another. With the non-disposables... that kinda hurts :lol:

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Jun 2013 , 10:20am
post #5 of 9

AI'm not replacing my washable bags as they break, etc. I've switched to disposable.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 3 Jun 2013 , 11:04am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
I overestimate how much of the tip I need to cut for the coupler and the bloomin' thing falls right through cos I cut too much off the tip of the bag.

LOL!  I have done this more times than I care to admit. 

I love the 16" disposables! 

tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 3 Jun 2013 , 11:36am
post #7 of 9

Although I prefer disposables because I hate cleaning them I still go for the featherweight for bigger jobs.  My hands are so hot. If I'm icing a ton of cupcakes or icing lots of cake with the same frosting, I use the featherweight. If I use the disposables I have to load up 2-3 bags  and switch back and forth because my hands melt the frosting. This doesn't happen as fast with the featherweight. 

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 3 Jun 2013 , 3:07pm
post #8 of 9

AYes that's my problem! I was icing some red velvets like a week ago and my hands were so hot the frosting was just melting! Maybe ill start trying to use both! I've only ever used disposable nothing else.

rdjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rdjr Posted 3 Jun 2013 , 4:14pm
post #9 of 9

I switched from disposable to featherweight because I thought I would save money. I only used the featherweight twice, I despised cleaning them. Disposable all the way!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%